The following guidelines apply to all candidates. These guidelines are intended to be in the public domain.
- Candidates are encouraged to communicate with potential voters, subject to the constraints described below.
- Candidates should present their individual positions and views on issues so that members may vote with a clear understanding of the differences between the candidates.
- Candidates should be courteous and respectful to the other candidates and to officers, staff and individual members of the SOA in all their communications.
- Candidates should ensure that their campaign communications do not disparage the Society of Actuaries or the actuarial profession.
- The SOA provides some resources to candidates, including SOA hosted webpages for all Board of Directors elections, and membership-wide emails for President-Elect candidates. Details will be provided to candidates when the ballot is determined.
- Candidates are also encouraged to use non-SOA resources, including social media, to communicate with members.
- Candidates may not use SOA funds or staff resources except as explicitly permitted as part of the normal election process. Candidates will not be able to obtain mailing labels or electronic data for members from the SOA.