Past President | Craig W. Reynolds
Craig W. Reynolds, FSA, MAAA
Past President, Society of Actuaries
Craig W. Reynolds is a principal and consulting actuary at Milliman where he co-manages the Seattle Life Insurance Consulting Practice. An employee of Milliman since 1989, he assists domestic and international life insurance clients with financial forecasts; mergers and acquisitions; product development and management; financial reporting; asset-liability management and software implementation. Reynolds has extensive U.S. experience and has also worked in many countries around the world, including Japan, South Korea, China, Bermuda, Canada, France, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia and Argentina.
An active SOA volunteer for many years, Reynolds has contributed in the following ways:
- SOA Financial Reporting Section Council, including two years as secretary
- Frequent author for the Financial Reporter and Product Matters
- Frequent speaker at SOA meetings and seminars
- Part 4 (similar to the current MLC) exam committee
- Approximately 10 years of service on the Valuation Actuary Symposium planning committee, including several years as chair
- Member of a number of SOA Project Oversight Groups, including chairing a POG on model efficiency
- Co-author of one SOA research report and many such reports for Milliman, on a range of financial reporting topics
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries' Modeling Efficiency Working Group
- Co-author of the Principles Based Reserve Practice Note
- Three years on the SOA Board
General Session Speech - 2016 Annual Meeting & Exhibit
watch Craig Reynolds’ General Session speech from the 2016 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit.
Presidential Luncheon Speech - 2015 Annual Meeting & Exhibit
Read the presidential luncheon transcript or
watch the presidential luncheon speech from the 2015 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit.
Plain Talk letters are a way for the president to speak on topical issues regarding the SOA, international strategy, competition among actuarial organizations and proposed Bylaw amendments.
Questions or Comments?
If you have questions or comments for Craig Reynolds, please contact him at
Craig.Reynolds@soa.org. Follow him on Twitter