Here you'll find information and resources for promoting your value and the value of our profession, including career articles, tools, tips and access to the latest information about actuaries.
Actuaries in Action Video Series
- The Actuaries in Action series captures the thoughts of actuaries on a variety of topics. These interviews have been conducted with both seasoned professionals, as well as with those who have more recently joined the profession. Watch these videos to gain insight into what is being said across the profession, about the things most important to the profession.
- Career Articles
- Use this collection of articles, many of which were written by actuaries, for actuaries, to help you get where you want to go. From how to give a great interview to how to create and deliver a great PowerPoint presentation, think of this as a one-stop shop for insight about the skills and career development activities that matter most.
- Checklist for Success
- Whether you're a new actuary or a seasoned professional, there are steps you can take to better position yourself for growth and make a difference in how actuaries are viewed. This checklist outlines the steps you can take throughout your career to better position yourself for success.
- Life as an Actuary Interviews
- Read brief Q&As with actuaries on the topics of leadership and talking about the profession.
- Our History: A Timeline of the Actuarial Profession
- How did actuaries become the leading risk experts? This interactive timeline, created by North American actuarial organizations, celebrates the profession's key milestones and provides examples of ways that actuaries have shaped business, political and societal trends throughout the history of the profession. Explore the timeline and learn more about the events that have made the profession what it is today.
- Pioneers of the Profession
- The actuarial profession has evolved thanks to the work of trailblazing actuaries who have created new applications for their unique skills or training, including finding new ways to solve age-old problems. The following are stories about some of these people and their work.
- Scenario Planning Tool
- The scenario planning tool outlines a variety of situations where these types of questions may come up, and provides sample ways to talk about your work and the profession. You certainly don't need to use these answers verbatim, but hopefully they'll give you some new ideas about ways you can quickly highlight your credentials and the unique role actuaries play in today's business world.