Welcome to the Exam C home page! Please review all of the information and links provided below.
Exam C is a three and a half hour multiple–choice examination and is offered via computer–based testing (CBT).
Computer Based Testing is a Two Step Process:
- STEP 1: Register with the Society of Actuaries by the deadline date
- NEXT – Wait 3-5 business days to receive 2nd email – Letter of Confirmation
- STEP 2: Schedule a seat at a
The syllabus provides an introduction to modeling and covers important actuarial methods that are useful in modeling. A thorough knowledge of calculus and probability is assumed.
The candidate will be introduced to useful frequency and severity models beyond those covered in Exam M. The candidate will be required to understand the steps involved in the modeling process and how to carry out these steps in solving business problems. The candidate should be able to:
- analyze data from an application in a business context;
- determine a suitable model including parameter values; and
- provide measures of confidence for decisions based upon the model.
The candidate will be introduced to a variety of tools for the calibration and evaluation of the models.