The Society of Actuaries Board of Directors is pleased to offer a measure designed to provide financial relief to eligible candidates of qualified countries. This program began in January 2001. This package describes the program details.
Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- The Candidate must be a current full–time resident of a qualified country. (A complete list of qualified countries is below.) Residents of the U.S. and Canada are not eligible. Full-time residency is defined as residing in a country for twelve months in each calendar year. As an example, residents of China who study in the United States or Canada are NOT eligible to apply or utilize the discount program.
- The Candidate must attest that he or she is personally paying for examination fees and that he/she is not being reimbursed by an employer, or a company or other individual or entity.
- The Candidate will lose eligibility upon leaving the country, or upon receiving financial support or reimbursement for examination fees.
- Candidates must write their examinations within a qualified country. If candidate registers for an examination in the United States, Canada or any other ineligible country, participation in the discount program will be terminated.
- Candidates may not register for more than two examinations per every six month period under the discount program, for a total of four exams per year. Standard fees will be assessed on registrations which exceed this limit.
- Candidates may attempt the same examination no more than three times under the reduced examination fee program
- The candidate must adhere to all stated requirements for the examination.
- The candidate will permanently lose eligibility for the discount program if examination discipline penalties are imposed.
Eligible candidates will see applicable discounted rates when registering for an exam via our online registration system.
- Approved candidates may not register for more than two examinations per six month period under the discount program, for a total of four exams per year. Standard fees will be assessed on registrations which exceed this limit. The six month periods are January – June and July – December. The date of the exam, not the date of registration, determines the period.
- Candidates may not register for the FSA exams if they have not previously written and earned credit for a minimum of three of the five Basic Education Exams P, FM, MLC, MFE and C.
- Standard registration rates apply to all candidates for the FAP modules, FAP Interim Assessment and the FAP Final Assessment, as well as all FSA modules. Standard registration rates also apply to the Associateship Professionalism Course (APC) and the Fellowship Admissions Course (FAC). No discounts will be applied.
Discount Program Qualified Countries
Note: Examination centers are not established in all qualified countries. Also, the accessibility of examination services in the following countries is contingent upon the availability of secure and reasonable shipping methods: Algeria, Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire; Iraq; Kyrgyz; Lao PDR; and Tajikistan.
Candidates may direct questions to Customer Service at email@example.com.