For more information on the SOA’s privacy practices, see our
What’s a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file stored on a website visitor’s computer or mobile device when visiting a website, for the purpose of identifying that browser during interactions on the website. The cookie will help the website recognize the device and enable certain functions. Web beacons and similar technologies act in a comparable manner. The SOA uses the term “cookies” to refer to all technologies that collect information in this way.
SOA employs two types of cookies: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps our website recognize you as a returning user. A persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by the website when you make a return visit. Session cookies typically last for as long as the browser session (usually destroyed when the user closes their browser).
Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences:
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number) when you visit any SOA web property. The SOA may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your SOA Account.
- Log Information. When you visit any SOA website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs or in your browser. This may include: details of how you used our service, such as your search queries and content you accessed; your IP address; device and event information such as hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your SOA Account.
- Location Information. When you use a location-enabled service provided by the SOA, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Transactional Information. When you perform an online transaction, we may store information in your browser required to complete the transaction such as a session identifier.
- Demographic Information. When you login to any SOA website, we may automatically store non-personally identifiable demographic information in your browser to help deliver a personalized experience.
SOA employs Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, to better understand your use of our website. Google Analytics collects information through its cookies such as how often users visit the website, what pages they visit, and what other sites they used prior to visiting. Google’s ability to use and share information collected by Google Analytics about your visits to our website is restricted by the
Blocking or Disabling Cookies
Allowing cookies will provide a user with the best possible experience on the website. However, you can delete cookies or manage tracking technologies through your browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, certain sections of the website will not work properly, including the ability to purchase SOA products and register for events online. If you use different devices to view and access the SOA website (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you will need to ensure that the browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Please click below for detailed information on how to disable and delete cookies in some commonly used browsers:
You may directly opt-out from Google Analytics cookies by contacting Google here:
Google Opt Out.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Please contact us at
email@example.com, by calling us at +1-888-697-3900 or +1-847-706-3500, or writing to us at Attn: Customer Service Dept., 475 N. Martingale Rd., Suite 600, Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Effective Date: May 21, 2018