November 14 - 15, 2016
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Competency (Learn more)
Registration is now closed. The SOA
Customer Service Center
is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Please call +1-888-697-3900.
The Equity-Based Insurance Guarantees Conference, sponsored by the Society of Actuaries and Annuity Systems Inc., is the only global event of its kind. It's designed to give risk-management, product development and valuation professionals an understanding and appreciation of how to better quantify, monitor and manage the complex risks underlying the variable annuity and indexed annuity products. This innovative conference features experts speaking on relevant issues, including valuation, reserving, product development, sound risk-management practice and current market environment. Primarily focused on the practical aspect of the business, the Equity-Based Insurance Guarantees Conference is celebrating 12 years of educating professionals.
Examples of tentative topics to be discussed at this two-day seminar (with breakout sessions on the first day) include:
- Risk metrics used to manage and monitor long-term market risks;
- The role of risk management and risk-management platforms in pricing and hedging;
- Quantifying, modeling and managing policyholder behavior;
- Operational risks exposed to when running a risk-management program;
- Issues related to pricing, valuing and reserving;
- The role of pricing and reserving in risk-management;
- Development of new products; and
- Discussion of how well hedging actually works in practice.
Participants will also have the opportunity to network with fellow practitioners, including experts in this area. There's also a good chance you will walk away from the conference with tangible solutions to day-to-day risk-management, pricing, valuation and product development challenges.
Special Opportunity : Attend the pre-conference
Bridging the Gap Series: Scenario Generators
on Nov. 13, 2016. It's designed for practitioners at all levels!
Who Should Attend
Risk managers, risk officers, corporate actuaries, appointed actuaries, investment actuaries, product development actuaries, pricing actuaries, valuation actuaries, software vendors, consultants, investment bankers, asset managers, hedge fund professionals, derivatives professionals, analysts and regulators.