December 13, 2017
Competency (Learn more)
Presenters & Moderator|
Financial Reporting Section
Who Should Participate
Members of the Financial Reporting, Investment, Modeling, Product Development, Reinsurance, Smaller Insurance Company, and Taxation Sections.
The Life Actuarial Task Force (LATF) of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) is charged with developing Principle-Based Reserving (PBR) for non-variable annuities. The American Academy of Actuaries' Annuity Reserve Work Group is working to develop a principle-based methodology for LATF to consider. Presenters at this session will cover current hot topics, including the recent NAIC exposure draft on Maximum Valuation Rates for Income Annuities.
At the conclusion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the basic components of PBR for non-variable annuities;
- Evaluate many of the options that were considered in the development of the method; and
- Compare the PBR method(s) to those currently prescribed for non-variable annuities.
How the live webcast works and what it includes
You do not need any special equipment. On Dec. 12, 2017, before 2:00 p.m. ET you will be sent detailed webcast instructions via email including the Web address for accessing the presentation. Any handouts that are available will also be sent. You will follow along with both the slide presentation and the audio portion of the broadcast over the Internet. The registration fee includes:
The registration fee includes:
- One access code to the live webcast;
- One Internet connection;
- One phone connection (to be used only if experiencing sound issues or if in a conference room with a group);
- One set of presentation materials; and
- Access to the subsequent webcast recording.
Please note that each access code may only be used for
one location , even if you register for more than one participant.
Post-Webcast Purchase Opportunity
For those who are interested in SOA webcasts but are unable to participate in the live event, access to an archived recording of the webcast will be available for purchase approximately 10 business days following the event by using the following