August 10, 2017
Competency (Learn more)
Presenter & Moderator
How to obtain EA credit
Noon - 1:30 p.m. ET
This webcast takes place via the Internet.
Starting at $149 (includes access to subsequent webcast recording). More information on all registration fees .
Who Should Participate
Actuaries working with defined benefit plans.
In December of 2016, the IRS published proposed mortality regulations. These regulations will affect the funding requirements and payment amounts of most U.S. tax-qualified defined-benefit plans. Modification of the regulated tables for plans that have "credible mortality information necessary to create a substitute mortality table" will be permitted.
This webcast's panel of experts will:
- Provide an overview of the regulations and discuss how they differ from the 2016 versions;
- Present SOA research that estimates the potential financial implications for different types of plans; and
- Provide a background on credibility theory, which underlies the IRS requirement for "credible mortality information."
The credibility theory discussion will preview content from a soon-to-be-released SOA project titled,
Credibility Educational Resource for Pension Actuaries-Application of Credibility Theory to Mortality Assumption
. This resource, while acknowledging IRS regulations, explains basic credibility theory, which is applicable regardless of country/jurisdiction.
How the live webcast works and what it includes
You do not need any special equipment. On Aug. 9, 2017, before 2:00 p.m. ET you will be sent detailed webcast instructions via email including the Web address for accessing the presentation. Any handouts that are available will also be sent. You will follow along with both the slide presentation and the audio portion of the broadcast over the Internet. The registration fee includes:
The registration fee includes:
- One access code to the live webcast;
- One Internet connection;
- One phone connection (to be used only if experiencing sound issues or if in a conference room with a group);
- One set of presentation materials; and
- Access to the subsequent webcast recording.
Please note that each access code may only be used for
one location , even if you register for more than one participant.
Post-Webcast Purchase Opportunity
For those who are interested in SOA webcasts but are unable to participate in the live event, access to an archived recording of the webcast will be available for purchase approximately 10 business days following the event by using the following