October 04, 2017
Competency (Learn more)
Presenter & Moderator
How to Obtain EA Credit
Noon-1:30 p.m. ET
This webcast takes place via the Internet.
Registration is now closed. The SOA
Customer Service Center
is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Please call +1-888-697-3900.
Who Should Participate
Pension actuaries who provide services to corporate pension plans.
This webcast will provide an update on current trends and hot topics in pension accounting for corporate pension plans just in time for pension actuaries to be prepared for the year-end disclosure season. Participants will be briefed on such topics as:
- ASC715 presentation and capitalization of pension cost changes;
- Mark-to-market accounting trends;
- Accounting for spinoffs and plan terminations in light of pension risk transfer activities;
- ASC960 Pension plan accounting exposure draft; and
- Working with auditors and ASOP21 guidance
How the live webcast works and what it includes
You do not need any special equipment. On Oct. 3, 2017, before 2:00 p.m. ET you will be sent detailed webcast instructions via email including the Web address for accessing the presentation. Any handouts that are available will also be sent. You will follow along with both the slide presentation and the audio portion of the broadcast over the Internet. The registration fee includes:
The registration fee includes:
- One access code to the live webcast;
- One Internet connection;
- One phone connection (to be used only if experiencing sound issues or if in a conference room with a group);
- One set of presentation materials; and
- Access to the subsequent webcast recording.
Please note that each access code may only be used for
one location , even if you register for more than one participant.
Post-Webcast Purchase Opportunity
For those who are interested in SOA webcasts but are unable to participate in the live event, access to an archived recording of the webcast will be available for purchase approximately 10 business days following the event by using the following