Noon - 1:30 p.m. ET
This webcast takes place via the Internet.
Registration is now closed. The SOA Customer Service Center is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Please call +1-888-697-3900.
Who Should Participate
Pension actuaries, particularly those working with U.S. corporate pensions.
Pension modeling, or the development of potential future financial outcomes for pension plans and their sponsors, is a critical component of the value that actuaries provide to their pension clients. Pension modeling is used for many purposes, including budgeting, strategic planning and risk management.
This webcast will discuss the evolving range of approaches to pension modeling. It will also address such questions as:
- For what purposes should models be constructed? What range of modeling approaches exist and what factors should be considered when selecting a modeling approach?
- What are key considerations in model construction (e.g., assumption setting, liability forecasting and asset forecasting)?
- How can an actuary effectively communicate key model outcomes to a client? What actuarial standards inform best practices for presentation of modeling results?
While the content of this webcast is intended to be relevant across multiple regulatory frameworks (private or public sector, in the United States or Canada, etc.), the case studies included in this webcast will be primarily focused on the U.S. corporate pension framework.
How the live webcast works and what it includes
You do not need any special equipment. On April 18, 2017, before 2:00 p.m. ET you will be sent detailed webcast instructions via email including the Web address for accessing the presentation. Any handouts that are available will also be sent. You will follow along with both the slide presentation and the audio portion of the broadcast over the Internet.
The registration fee includes:
- One access code to the live webcast;
- One Internet connection;
- One phone connection (to be used only if experiencing sound issues or if in a conference room with a group)
- One set of presentation materials; and
- Access to the subsequent webcast recording.
Please note that each access code may only be used for one location , even if you register for more than one participant.
Post-Webcast Purchase Opportunity
For those who are interested in SOA webcasts but are unable to participate in the live event, access to an archived recording of the webcast will be available for purchase approximately 10 business days following the event by using the following link .