May 15, 2017
Competency (Learn more)
Presenter & Moderator
Entrepreneurial & Innovation and Health Sections
Noon-1:30 p.m. ET
This webcast takes place via the Internet.
Registration is now closed. The SOA
Customer Service Center
is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Please call +1-888-697-3900.
Who Should Participate
Any person interested in learning more about pet insurance.
Actuaries are always on the look-out for new areas in which to apply actuarial techniques. Pet health insurance has become one of these emerging areas.. By participating in this session, attendees will learn:
- What pet health insurance is?
- What types of actuarial work is involved in pet health insurance?
- What's driving current interest in pet health insurance?
At the conclusion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Explain what a pet health insurance actuary does;
- Describe how a pet health insurance actuary is an entrepreneur; and
- Apply actuarial principles to pet health insurance.
How the live webcast works and what it includes
You do not need any special equipment. On May 14, 2017, before 2:00 p.m. ET you will be sent detailed webcast instructions via email including the Web address for accessing the presentation. Any handouts that are available will also be sent. You will follow along with both the slide presentation and the audio portion of the broadcast over the Internet.
The registration fee includes:
- One access code to the live webcast;
- One Internet connection;
- One phone connection (to be used only if experiencing sound issues or if in a conference room with a group)
- One set of presentation materials; and
- Access to the subsequent webcast recording.
Please note that each access code may only be used for
one location, even if you register for more than one participant.
Post-Webcast Purchase Opportunity
For those who are interested in SOA webcasts but are unable to participate in the live event, access to an archived recording of the webcast will be available for purchase approximately 10 business days following the event by using the following