1:00 - 2:30 p.m. ET
This webcast takes place via the Internet.
Registration is now closed. The SOA Customer Service Center is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Please call +1-888-697-3900. .
Who Should Participate
Actuaries who work with and review actuarial models.
Have you heard the term "big data" and wondered what exactly it is? Are you interested in knowing what tools you can use to leverage the increasingly massive amount of data available inside and outside your insurance organization? During this webcast experts from IBM Watson's Financial Services Solution team will introduce big data and some of the current tools and workflows used for big data analytics, including the Apache Hadoop software library and related components such as the Hadoop Distributed File System, MapReduce and the Spark programming model.
By attending the webcast, attendees will:
- Gain a better understanding of recent developments in big data continue to alter how the insurance industry views and uses data;
- Gain awareness of the technological tools and workflows behind big data analytics; and
- Be better able to identify new opportunities for big data in their organizations.
How the live webcast works and what it includes
You do not need any special equipment. On Oct. 27, 2017, before 2:00 p.m. ET you will be sent detailed webcast instructions via email including the Web address for accessing the presentation. Any handouts that are available will also be sent. You will follow along with both the slide presentation and the audio portion of the broadcast over the Internet. The registration fee includes:
The registration fee includes:
- One access code to the live webcast;
- One Internet connection;
- One phone connection (to be used only if experiencing sound issues or if in a conference room with a group);
- One set of presentation materials; and
- Access to the subsequent webcast recording.
Please note that each access code may only be used for one location , even if you register for more than one participant.
Post-Webcast Purchase Opportunity
For those who are interested in SOA webcasts but are unable to participate in the live event, access to an archived recording of the webcast will be available for purchase approximately 10 business days following the event by using the following link.