The Financial Reporting, Product Development, and Smaller Insurance Company Sections and the SOA Committee on Life Insurance Research
Noon-1:30 p.m. ET
This webcast takes place via the Internet.
Registration is now closed. The SOA Customer Service Center is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Please call +1-888-697-3900.
Who Should Participate
Actuaries from the Financial Reporting, Modeling or Smaller Insurance Company Sections, as well as all anyone interested in or involved with year-end financial reporting work in the U.S.
Companies that have implemented principle-based reserves for life insurance products will benefit from tools to better understand the implications of period-to-period changes in VM-20 reserves. Presenters at the Understanding VM-20 Results webcast will provide an overview of the results from the Understanding VM-20 research report. The webcast will cover report highlights, including:
- Sources of change in reserves, specifically VM-20 reserves;
- An overview of various reporting regimes and how the attribution analysis is used;
- A survey of practitioners within financial reporting departments and their views on the usefulness of the attribution analysis tool; and
- Case study material and insight on the "how-to guide" within the research report.
How the live webcast works and what it includes
You do not need any special equipment. On August 17, 2017, before 2:00 p.m. ET you will be sent detailed webcast instructions via email including the Web address for accessing the presentation. Any handouts that are available will also be sent. You will follow along with both the slide presentation and the audio portion of the broadcast over the Internet. The registration fee includes:
The registration fee includes:
- One access code to the live webcast;
- One Internet connection;
- One phone connection (to be used only if experiencing sound issues or if in a conference room with a group);
- One set of presentation materials; and
- Access to the subsequent webcast recording.
Please note that each access code may only be used for one location , even if you register for more than one participant.
Post-Webcast Purchase Opportunity
For those who are interested in SOA webcasts but are unable to participate in the live event, access to an archived recording of the webcast will be available for purchase approximately 10 business days following the event by using the following link .