Event Home | Additional Information | Agenda | Attendees | Call For Presenters | Committee | Competency Framework | CPD | Hotel | Moderator/Presenter Information | Registration | Sponsors | Sponsor This Event | Travel | Virtual Session Information
Thank you for agreeing to participate in the 2017 SOA Life & Annuity Symposium. Below is a compilation of the information and dates you need to know in order to prepare for the meeting. This information as well as the action items below (bio submission, acknowledgement & release and presentation submission) can be easily accessed through our new Presenter Portal. You will just need to sign in using your SOA log in credentials. Note – if you have not been added into the tool, you will not have access.
Bio Submission - All moderators & presenters are requested to submit a short bio (no more than 250 words) and photo to be included in the meeting app. They should be print-quality photographs (300 dpi) featuring a person’s head and shoulders, ideally taken within the last year. Photos are to be no smaller than 110 x 134 pixels.
Note - If we have a photo on file for you, it will be displayed on the dashboard of the speaker portal when you log in. If you do not have a photo or would like to replace the one we have on file, you may upload a new one in the portal.
Presentation Information & Guidelines
- The Society of Actuaries is continuing to make efforts toward a more paperless meeting approach. As a result, we try to post as many presentations as possible on our web site and also in the mobile app in advance of the meeting. The use of presentation slides, advance discussion notes and visual aids contributes to the effectiveness, clarity and educational value of your presentation and is expected by attendees. The attendees may want to download or print out the presentation to bring to the meeting, or there may be materials you want to have available prior to the meeting.
- The Society of Actuaries has antitrust guidelines that you must follow when preparing any meeting materials. Read the Antitrust Guidelines carefully. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your responsibility and liability, please contact our office.
- The moderator of each session is encouraged to arrange a conference call with all session presenters prior to the meeting
- A laptop will be available for each sessio\n; please bring your presentation(s) on a USB flash drive.
- All presentations (including materials that were received late along with those that have been amended) will be posted for general viewing on the SOA website after the meeting.
There are many resources available on the SOA Web site to assist you in planning your presentation. Please visit the Professional Development Volunteer Resource Center for available tools. Make sure to review the copyright tips for presenting at SOA programs which is available as a resource.
There is an optional powerpoint template available for you to use for the 2017 Life & Annuity Symposium, however you may also use your company's own template for your presentation.
Presentation Submission Deadline April 7
If you do NOTintend to have a presentation for your session, please notify Amy Wojcik at the SOA. All presentations must be submitted as original PowerPoint files through the presenter portal. They will be converted to PDF files prior to being posted on the SOA website and also converted to an appropriate format for inclusion in the meeting app.
Acknowledgement and Release – confirm ASAP
The SOA records all Panel Discussions, Lectures, Open Forums, Interactive Forums and Teaching Sessions. If you do NOTwish to have your session recorded, please notify Amy Wojcik. All presenters must agree to the SOA's Acknowledgement and Release.
Moderator & Presenter Registration Information and Deadline – April 17
All presenters are required to register for the meeting. Discounted registration rates are available.
Hotel Information – Deadline April 12
All presenters are responsible for their own hotel arrangements, unless specifically advised otherwise.
At Meeting Time
Upon arrival at the hotel, please pick up your name badge and other meeting materials at the Society of Actuaries' Registration Desk. The registration desk will be open as follows:
|Sunday||May 7||4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Monday||May 8||7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||May 9||7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
The exact room location of your session will be listed in the final program summary that will be provided when you pick up your registration packet.
Please contact Amy Wojcik.