Seeking Session Proposals!
The Society of Actuaries is accepting proposals for the 2019 Annual Meeting & Exhibit, Oct. 27-30, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, ON Canada!
The SOA is seeking proposals for sessions that will:
· Deliver relevant, educational content;
· Offer topics that appeal to professionals in the U.S., Canada and internationally;
· Provide current information covering all aspects of the actuarial profession; and
· Fulfill continuing education requirements.
As you develop the proposal, consider the following:
· How can the content be delivered in an engaging way?;
· Sessions should be educational and not a forum for an individual company or product;
· Include the names of potential presenters who are interested in sharing their expertise;
· Sessions utilizing multiple presenters should make sure the presenters are not all from the same employer; and
· All sessions are 75 minutes in length.
Please submit your proposal through this online submission portal by Mar. 15, 2019. All information should be provided completely and thoroughly in order for the proposal to be considered. If you have a colleague who is an expert on a particular topic, please let them know about this opportunity.
Proposals will be leveraged by the SOA Annual Meeting Planning Committee in order to build a robust and coherent educational program. Note - Submitting a proposal does not guarantee it will be selected as a session at the meeting. The committee’s decision to leverage a proposal is based on multiple criteria including how the proposal fits within the program and other similar proposals. You will be notified by Apr. 22, 2019, if your proposal will be leveraged by the program committee and may be requested to provide additional information.
Mar. 15 - Session proposal due
Apr. 22 - Acceptance notification
May 24 – Initial recruiting deadline
Aug. 23 – Final recruiting deadline
Sept. 27 - Presentation deadline
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Wojcik: email@example.com .