This seminar is presented by the Product Development Section.
Accelerated underwriting is changing the world of consumer engagement. The newness and overhaul of these programs creates challenges for development, coordination and management. This seminar will take attendees through how the market is developing, the major pricing, underwriting, and marketing considerations, and what regulators are considering with regard to these programs.
At the conclusion of this seminar, attendees will:
• Discuss trends in accelerated underwriting
• Understand the issues that arise when developing an accelerated underwriting program
• Understand best practices in developing an accelerated underwriting program
• Explain the impact of accelerated underwriting on underwriting, pricing, marketing and compliance
All levels of actuaries involved in life product development, along with other insurance professionals interested in learning or enhancing their accelerated underwriting programs and reinsurers who will be grappling with these issues.
Level of Difficulty
The seminar is designed for participants with moderate insurance experience.
Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
700 S. Florida Ave.
Tampa, FL 33602
Toll Free Reservations: +1-888-789-3090
Guest room rates (taxes not included):
$234 single/double occupancy
Make your reservations online by 12:00 p.m. Eastern April 19 or by calling +1-888-789-3090. Reservations made after this deadline are subject to space and rate availability. Please make sure you mention that you are attending the Society of Actuaries’ Life & Annuity Symposium.
A major credit card is required in order to make a reservation.
During check-in, all guests will be asked to verify their departure date. At that time, you may change your departure date without penalty. Any guest who departs before the confirmed departure date may be charged an early departure fee.
Why Stay at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina?
We realize there are many hotel options available and by staying at the Marriott, we offer you the chance to save through the SOA group rate. Staying at the Marriott will also provide you the best opportunity to network with your peers and maximizes the quality of your meeting experience.
Confirmation of your hotel reservation is provided by the hotel. If you have not received a confirmation number prior to your departure for Tampa, please call the hotel to make sure your reservation is in order.
Hotel Check-In and Checkout
Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and checkout time is noon. Those arriving early may check their bags with the bell desk in the hotel lobby.
Experience Tampa's dynamic downtown with a stay at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina. This beautifully transformed, waterfront hotel sits adjacent to the Tampa Convention Center and is steps from the Tampa Riverwalk, the evolving Sparkman Wharf and Amalie Arena.
The Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina is located 9 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA). Estimated taxi fare is $25.00.
AmTrav Corporate Travel is the Society of Actuaries’ official travel agency. AmTrav is focused on providing cost savings and enhanced travel services. Call AmTrav at +1-866-284-5774 or visit them online at www.amtrav.com.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the SOA Customer Service Center Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST. Please call +1 888-697-3900 or email.
The registration fee includes seminar materials, hot breakfast, luncheon and refreshment breaks. Take advantage of EARLY REGISTRATION. Rates increase by $300 for registrations received after April 19. Please allow sufficient time for mailing.
|By 4/19||After 4/19|
|SOA Members||$ 675||$ 975|
|All Others||$ 975||$ 1,275|
This seminar is being offered in conjunction with the SOA 2019 Life & Annuity Symposium.
Please note: This seminar and the 2019 Life & Annuity Symposium are two different events. Registration and payment for each event should be submitted separately. To register for the 2019 Life & Annuity Symposium, please click here.
Online: (credit card required)
Online registration is available through May 20.
For Check payments, complete the attached form with check payable to:
Society of Actuaries
Accelerated Underwriting Program Development Seminar
P.O. Box 95600
Chicago, IL 60694-5600
PLEASE ALLOW 10 DAYS FOR RECEIPT AND PROCESSING OF CHECKS.
In Person on Site:
If you are unable to register online by May 20, you may register at the SOA registration desk located at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina beginning May 22 at 7:00 a.m.
If registering within five business days of the program, please call the Society of Actuaries’ Customer Service Center at +1-888-697-3900 to confirm space availability.
Full payment is required at the time of registration.
Order confirmations are emailed upon completion of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation, please go to this page and log in to confirm your order was placed. To request another copy of the confirmation order or to update the registration, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOA incurs significant expenses prior to an event. To minimize losses, SOA maintains the following refund and cancelation policy:
- Prior to Monday, May 6, you may cancel your registration with a full refund provided, less a $100 administrative fee.
- After Monday, May 6, there will be no refunds provided. You may transfer your registration to another meeting or seminar within one calendar year of the original meeting or seminar registered for. However, you will be responsible for any differences in rates and/or fees.
- An alternate attendee within the same organization may be substituted at any time prior to the conference start with no penalty. However, if the original attendee is a member and the substitute attendee is not the difference in rate, between member/nonmember, must be paid in full at time of substitution.
- The Society of Actuaries reserves the right to cancel any event if conditions warrant. In the event of such cancellation, registration fees will be refunded in full. The Society of Actuaries is not responsible for any airfare or hotel cancellation fees that an attendee may incur due to event cancellation.
To cancel an order, log in to My SOA, choose the item you wish to cancel from your order summary and click the cancellation button. Complete the form to submit your refund request.