Presenters will discuss recent topics and related issues in areas such as insurance market and regulatory environment, health and health management, pension and longevity risk, new technology and innovation, IFRS and the latest accounting standards updates, C-Ross Phase II and ALM, plus more.
This symposium will provide learning and networking opportunities in China for members and non-members to share their experiences in the actuarial profession, finance and insurance industries, as well as other fields related to actuarial science in China.
This symposium offers:
· Diverse and professional sessions to expand knowledge and skill sets;
· An opportunity to earn valuable CPD credits and soft skills credits;
· A chance to meet with industry leaders;
- Sponsorship opportunities;
- Premier and exciting location
- Networking opportunities
Share best practices with participants and create an opportunity for growth in the actuarial profession.
Audience Experience Level: All
Actuaries, insurance, finance and investment practitioners, as well as other industry professionals practicing in mainland China. All interested practitioners from around the world are also welcome to attend.
Register before 27 May 2019
|SOA Member||$450 USD|
|Full-time Faculty Members or Regulators – SOA Members Only||$225 USD|
Register after 27 May 2019
|SOA Member||$550 USD|
|Full-time Faculty Members or Regulators – SOA Members Only||$325 USD|
*Payment is required in U.S. funds. Schedule denotes U.S. funds.
Methods of Registration
You are strongly encouraged to register via the online registration process. Button to register located above in red.
- Online Paying by Credit Card – register online by 3, June 2019
- Paying by Mail: Payment and registration form sent by mail must be received no later than 31 May 2019. Mail your registration form with check payable to:
Society of Actuaries
The SOA China Annual Symposium
P.O. Box 95600
Chicago, IL 60694-5600
Please allow 10 days for receipt and processing of checks.
You will receive an email confirmation of your online order. Mail-in registration confirmations are emailed after the order has been processed. If you do not receive a confirmation, please go to this page and log in to confirm your order was placed. To request another copy of the confirmation order or to update the registration form, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOA incurs significant expenses prior to an event. To minimize losses, SOA maintains the following refund and cancelation policy:
- Prior to 31 May 2019, you may cancel your registration with a full refund provided, less a $100 administrative fee.
- After 31 May 2019, there will be no refunds provided. However, you may transfer your registration to another SOA major meeting within one year of cancelation.
- An alternate attendee within the same organization may be substituted at any time prior to the conference start with no penalty. However, if the original attendee is a member and the substitute attendee is not the difference in rate, between member/nonmember, must be paid in full at time of substitution.
- You may transfer your registration to another meeting or seminar within one calendar year of the original meeting or seminar registered for. However, you will be responsible for any differences in rates and/or fees.
- The Society of Actuaries reserves the right to cancel any event if conditions warrant. In the event of such cancellation, registration fees will be refunded in full. The Society of Actuaries is not responsible for any airfare or hotel cancellation fees that an attendee may incur due to event cancellation.
To cancel an order, log in to My SOA, choose the item you wish to cancel from your order summary and click the cancellation button. Complete the form to submit your refund request.
Concurrent Session Registration
It is necessary for attendees to select the session they plan to attend in each time slot at time of registration. This will assist the SOA staff in assigning appropriate meeting room space to accommodate the maximum number of attendees for each session.
Kempinski Hotel Guiyang
68 Huguo Road
Guiyang, China 550002
Phone: +86 851 8599 9999
Please book your hotel room online.
If you have questions, please contact the hotel at +86 851 8599 9999.
Make your reservations online by 23 May, 2019. Reservations made after this deadline are subject to space and rate availability.
Guest Room Rate:
800 RMB net (includes Wi-Fi)
A major credit card is required in order to make a reservation.
Hotel Check-In and Checkout
Check-in time is 2:00 p.m. and checkout time is noon. Those arriving early may check their bags with the bell desk in the hotel lobby.
Kempinski Hotel Guiyang is located in the tallest high-rise on Guizhou Province, in the central business district of the city. The hotel is only a short distance from Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport (KWE).
The Kempinski Hotel Guiyang offers transfer service to and from the airport. To arrange airport pick-up, simply provide your flight details and an estimated time of arrival by phone at +86 851 8599 9999 or email email@example.com. Please make your booking at least 2 days in advance. Prices vary on car type.
The Kempinski Hotel Guiyang is pleased to offer 20% of the below listed transfer rates for SOA China Annual Symposium attendees:
- Audi A8 (5 seats) – RMB 350 one-way airport pick up/drop off
- Benz Vinao (7 seats) – RMB 300 one-way airport pick up/drop off
- King Long Bus (19 seats) – RMB 600 one-way airport pick up/drop off
Taxis are also available outside of the arrivals terminal of KWE. To travel from the airport to the hotel generally costs about RMB 40 per journey, including toll fees. A bilingual transportation guide can be downloaded and presented to the driver.
Parking at the Kempinski Hotel Guiyang offers complimentary parking for guests staying at the hotel.
Table of Contents
2019 SOA China Symposium Program Committee
The following members were instrumental in arranging this program:
*All credentials listed with SOA credentials first, then alphabetical order.
- Lynn Lin, FSA, Meeting Chair
- Sun Hanjie, FSA, Meeting Vice-Chair
- Wesley Cui, FSA, Marketing Subcommittee Chair
- Victor Huang, FSA, CERA, Committee Member
- Hans Wagner, FSA, Committee Member
- Yan Zhikang, FSA, Committee Member
- Bonny Fu, FSA, Committee Member
A wide variety of event sponsorship opportunities are available for the 2019 SOA China Symposium Program Committee. If you are interested in learning more, please view the Event Sponsor Prospectus or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our 2019 China Symposium Event Sponsors:
Business casual attire is appropriate for meeting sessions and all SOA-sponsored events.
Paper evaluations are provided in each session room for both the individual session and the overall symposium evaluation. You may also pick them up at the registration desk. Please note that the Society of Actuaries (SOA) values your feedback as it is critical to ensure we are designing a program that meets your needs. Enter to win a new tablet by completing evaluations for each session and the overall meeting.