The Society of Actuaries is accepting proposals for sessions at the SOA 2019 Health Meeting, June 24 - 26, at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge.
Note: Submitting a proposal does not guarantee it will be selected as a session at the meeting. You will be notified the week of January 31, 2019, if your proposal has been accepted exactly as is, or it may be combined with similar/related proposal(s). The committee reserves the right to reject any proposal.
The planning committee is seeking proposals for sessions that will:
· Deliver relevant, educational content;
· Offer topics that appeal to professionals in the U.S., Canada and internationally;
· Provide current information covering all aspects of the actuarial profession; and
· Fulfill continuing education requirements.
The committee is particularly interested in education sessions that appeal to professionals working with health products relating to the following topics:
· Public Health
· Regulatory Environment
· Long Term Care
· Experience Analysis
· Financial Reporting
· Provider Reimbursement
· Care Management
· Government Programs
· Inforce Management
· Product Development
As you develop the proposal, consider the following:
· How can the content be delivered in an engaging way;
· Sessions should be educational and not a forum for an individual company or product;
· Include the names of potential presenters who are interested in sharing their expertise;
· Presenters should be from a variety of companies (minimum of two companies);
· A person should not present in more than 2 sessions; and
· All sessions are 75 minutes in length.
Please submit your proposal through this online submission form by December 31, 2018. The form should be filled out completely in order to be considered by the committee. If you have a colleague who is an expert on a particular topic, please let them know about this opportunity.
Dec. 31 – Session proposal due
Jan. 31 – Acceptance notification
Feb. 15 – Program schedule finalized
June 24-26 – Health Meeting
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com