The Society of Actuaries is accepting proposals for sessions at the SOA 2019 Life & Annuity Symposium, May 20-22, 2019, at the Tampa Marriott Waterside.
Note: Submitting a proposal does not guarantee it will be selected as a session at the meeting. You will be notified by Nov. 16, 2018, if your proposal has been accepted exactly as is, or it may be combined with similar/related proposal(s). The committee reserves the right to decline any proposal if it is determined the topic is not a match for this program.
The planning committee is seeking proposals for sessions that will:
• Deliver relevant, educational content;
• Offer topics that appeal to professionals in the U.S., Canada and internationally;
• Provide current information covering all aspects of the actuarial profession; and
• Fulfill continuing education requirements.
The committee is particularly interested in education sessions that appeal to professionals working with life insurance or annuity products relating to the following topics:
• Innovations impacting the insurance industry
• Current state of and trends in product development
• Considerations of accounting regimes on products and companies
• Current state of and trends in underwriting
• Setting assumptions
• Models, model governance, and model validation
• Management of inforce blocks
• Professional development
As you develop the proposal, consider the following:
• How can the content be delivered in an engaging way?;
• Sessions should be educational and not a forum for an individual company or product;
• Include the names of potential presenters who are interested in sharing their expertise;
• Presenters should be from a variety of companies (minimum of two companies);
• A person should not present in more than 2 sessions; and
• All sessions are 75 minutes in length.
Please submit your proposal by Oct. 22, 2018. The form should be filled out completely in order to be considered by the committee. If you have a colleague who is an expert on a particular topic, please let them know about this opportunity.
Oct. 22 – Session proposal due
Nov. 16 – Acceptance notification
Dec. 7 – Program schedule finalized
May 20-22, 2019 – Life & Annuity Symposium
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Wojcik via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.