The Modeling Section of the Society of Actuaries has developed a new modeling workshop, Modeling Excellence – How to Get There, as an add-on to the Valuation Actuary Symposium. This exciting workshop features industry speakers who will discuss trending topics on data modeling. This workshop will have a unique roundtable format for open discussion among peers.
Topics will include:
- Data and Assumption Management for Modeling
- A Production Process with End-to-End Automation – Is it Possible?
- Modeling ASOP Update
- The Culture of Model Governance
- Model Validation Best Practices
- Communicating Model Results – A Key to Stakeholder Engagement
- Embracing Modeling Technology – Not a Pie in the Sky Goal
- Provide attendees with relevant and industry-leading practices to move their company toward modeling excellence
- Foster networking and thought-sharing on model-specific topics
The target audience for this workshop is actuarial modelers with at least a minimal amount of actuarial modeling experience. Consulting and company actuaries will benefit, as well as all lines of business (life, annuity, health).
Level of Difficulty
This seminar is designed for participants with low to moderate experience.
Hyatt Regency Denver Convention Center
650 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202
Hotel Phone Number: +1-303-436-1234
Guest room rates (taxes not included):
$204 single/double occupancy
Make your reservations online by 12:00 noon Eastern Friday, July 26, or by calling +1-800-835-6206. Reservations made after this deadline are subject to space and rate availability. Please make sure you mention that you are attending the Society of Actuaries’ Valuation Actuary Symposium.
Reservations must be canceled 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid a one-night room and tax charge.
A major credit card is required to make a reservation.
During check-in, all guests will be asked to verify their departure date. At that time, you may change your departure date without penalty. Any guest who departs before the confirmed departure date may be charged an early departure fee.
Why Stay at the Hyatt Regency Denver?
We realize there are many hotel options available and by staying at the Hyatt, you save through the SOA group rate. Staying at the Hyatt also provides you the best opportunity to network with your peers and maximizes the quality of your meeting experience.
Confirmation of your hotel reservation is provided by the hotel. If you have not received a confirmation number prior to your departure for Denver, please call the hotel to make sure your reservation is in order.
Hotel Check-In and Check-out
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is 11:00 a.m. Those arriving early may check their bags with the bell desk in the hotel lobby.
Taxi- The Hyatt Regency Denver is located 27 miles from Denver International Airport (DEN). Estimated taxi fare is $65.
Train- At a cost of $10.50, travelers can use the rail service to get from the airport to Denver Union Station and vice versa courtesy of the Regional Transportation District (RTD), Metro Denver's public transit provider.
AmTrav Corporate Travel is the Society of Actuaries’ official travel agency. AmTrav is focused on providing cost savings and enhanced travel services. Call AmTrav at +1-866-284-5774 or visit the agency online at www.amtrav.com.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the SOA Customer Service Center Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST. Please call +1-888-697-3900 or email.
The registration fee includes seminar materials, hot breakfast, luncheon and refreshment breaks. Take advantage of EARLY REGISTRATION. Rates increase by $300 for registrations received after July 31. Please allow sufficient time for mailing.
Register before 07/31/19
Register after 07/31/19
*Payment is required in U.S. dollars. Schedule denotes U.S. dollars.
This seminar is being offered in conjunction with the SOA 2019 Valuation Actuary Symposium.
Please note: This seminar and the 2019 Valuation Actuary Symposium are two different events. Registration and payment for each event should be submitted separately. To register for the 2019 Valuation Actuary Symposium, please click here.
Please allow 10 days for receipt and processing of checks.
Methods of Registration
- Paying by Credit Card
Register online by August 23.
- Paying by Check
Complete the attached form with check payable to: modeling-excellence-registration.pdf
Society of Actuaries
Modeling Excellence – How to Get There Seminar
P.O. Box 95600
Chicago, IL 60694-5600
- In Person on Site:
If you are unable to register online by August 23, you may register at the SOA registration desk located at the Hyatt Regency Denver beginning August 28 at 7:00 a.m.
If registering within five business days of the program, please call the Society of Actuaries’ Customer Service Center at +1-888-697-3900 to confirm space availability.
Full payment is required at the time of registration.
Order confirmations are emailed upon completion of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation, please go to this page and log in to confirm your order was placed. To request another copy of the confirmation order or to update the registration, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOA incurs significant expenses prior to an event. To minimize losses, SOA maintains the following refund and cancelation policy:
- Prior to Thursday, August 8, you may cancel your registration with a full refund provided, less a $100 administrative fee.
- After Thursday, August 8, there will be no refunds provided. You may transfer your registration to another meeting or seminar within one calendar year of the original meeting or seminar registered for. However, you will be responsible for any differences in rates and/or fees.
- An alternate attendee within the same organization may be substituted at any time prior to the conference start with no penalty. However, if the original attendee is a member and the substitute attendee is not the difference in rate, between member/nonmember, must be paid in full at time of substitution.
- The Society of Actuaries reserves the right to cancel any event if conditions warrant. In the event of such cancellation, registration fees will be refunded in full. The Society of Actuaries is not responsible for any airfare or hotel cancellation fees that an attendee may incur due to event cancellation.
To cancel an order, log in to My SOA, choose the item you wish to cancel from your order summary and click the cancellation button. Complete the form to submit your refund request.