The 2019 Professionalism in Practice Course will study, discuss and explore the professionalism practice, code of conduct and application of the actuarial profession. Seasoned presenters from mainland China and other regions will cover numerous issues encountered in daily actuarial working environments, using business cases and interactive discussions to enrich the practical learning experience.
Attendance will be limited to provide an interactive and intimate learning experience. Early registration is highly recommended.
Who Should Participate
Actuaries practicing in mainland China as well as those interested in better understanding international, Asia and China professionalism practices and applications.
Also plan to attend the SOA China Annual Symposium, 13-14 June, 2019, in the same venue!
Xueyun (Sharon) Huang, FSA
Shu - Yen Liu, FSA, CERA, Retired
Register before 27 May 2019
|SOA Member||$175 USD|
Register after 27 May 2019
|SOA Member||$275 USD|
*Payment is required in U.S. funds. Schedule denotes U.S. funds.
Methods of Registration
You are strongly encouraged to register via the online registration process. Button to register located above in red.
- Online Paying by Credit Card – register online by 3, June 2019
- Paying by Mail: Payment and registration form sent by mail must be received no later than 31 May 2019. Mail your registration form with check payable to:
Society of Actuaries
2019 Professionalism Seminar
P.O. Box 95600
Chicago, IL 60694-5600
Please allow 10 days for receipt and processing of checks.
You will receive an email confirmation of your online order. Mail-in registration confirmations are emailed after the order has been processed. If you do not receive a confirmation, please go to this pageand log in to confirm your order was placed. To request another copy of the confirmation order or to update the registration form, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com.
SOA incurs significant expenses prior to an event. To minimize losses, SOA maintains the following refund and cancelation policy:
- Prior to 31 May 2019, you may cancel your registration with a full refund provided, less a $100 administrative fee.
- After 31 May 2019, there will be no refunds provided. However, you may transfer your registration to another SOA major meeting within one year of cancellation.
- An alternate attendee within the same organization may be substituted at any time prior to the conference start with no penalty. However, if the original attendee is a member and the substitute attendee is not the difference in rate, between member/nonmember, must be paid in full at time of substitution.
- You may transfer your registration to another meeting or seminar within one calendar year of the original meeting or seminar registered for. However, you will be responsible for any differences in rates and/or fees.
- The Society of Actuaries reserves the right to cancel any event if conditions warrant. In the event of such cancellation, registration fees will be refunded in full. The Society of Actuaries is not responsible for any airfare or hotel cancellation fees that an attendee may incur due to event cancellation.
To cancel an order, log in to My SOA, choose the item you wish to cancel from your order summary and click the cancellation button. Complete the form to submit your refund request.
Kempinski Hotel Guiyang
68 Huguo Road
Guiyang, China 550002
Phone: +86 851 8599 9999
Please book your hotel room online.
If you have questions, please contact the hotel at +86 851 8599 9999.
Make your reservations online by 23 May, 2019. Reservations made after this deadline are subject to space and rate availability.
Guest Room Rate:
800 RMB net (includes Wi-Fi)
A major credit card is required in order to make a reservation.
Hotel Check-In and Checkout
Check-in time is 2:00 p.m. and checkout time is noon. Those arriving early may check their bags with the bell desk in the hotel lobby.
Kempinski Hotel Guiyang is located in the tallest high-rise on Guizhou Province, in the central business district of the city. The hotel is only a short distance from Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport (KWE).
The Kempinski Hotel Guiyang offers transfer service to and from the airport. To arrange airport pick-up, simply provide your flight details and an estimated time of arrival by phone at +86 851 8599 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your booking at least 2 days in advance. Prices vary on car type.
The Kempinski Hotel Guiyang is pleased to offer 20% of the below listed transfer rates for SOA China Annual Symposium attendees:
- Audi A8 (5 seats) – RMB 350 one-way airport pick up/drop off
- Benz Vinao (7 seats) – RMB 300 one-way airport pick up/drop off
- King Long Bus (19 seats) – RMB 600 one-way airport pick up/drop off
Taxis are also available outside of the arrivals terminal of KWE. To travel from the airport to the hotel generally costs about RMB 40 per journey, including toll fees. A bilingual transportation guide can be downloaded and presented to the driver.
Parking at the Kempinski Hotel Guiyang offers complimentary parking for guests staying at the hotel.