The 2019 Professionalism in Practice Course will study, discuss and explore the professionalism practice, code of conduct and application of the actuarial profession. Seasoned presenters from mainland China and other regions will cover numerous issues encountered in daily actuarial working environments, using business cases and interactive discussions to enrich the practical learning experience.
Attendance will be limited to provide an interactive and intimate learning experience. Early registration is highly recommended.
Who Should Participate
Actuaries practicing in mainland China as well as those interested in better understanding international, Asia and China professionalism practices and applications.
Shu - Yen Liu, FSA, CERA, MAAA, Retired
Wu Genghui, FSA, FSA, FCIA, MAAA
Register by 15 November 2019
Register after 15 November 2019
You are strongly encouraged to register via the online registration process. Button to register located above in red.
Online Paying by Credit Card – register online by 18, November 2019
Paying by Mail: Payment and registration form sent by mail must be received no later than 11 November 2019. Mail your registration form with check payable to:
Society of Actuaries
2019 Professionalism Seminar
P.O. Box 95600
Chicago, IL 60694-5600
Please allow 10 days for receipt and processing of checks.
You will receive an email confirmation of your online order. Mail-in registration confirmations are emailed after the order has been processed. If you do not receive a confirmation, please go to this page and log in to confirm your order was placed. To request another copy of the confirmation order or to update the registration form, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com.
SOA incurs significant expenses prior to an event. To minimize losses, SOA maintains the following refund and cancelation policy:
- Prior to November 15, 2019, you may cancel your registration with a full refund provided, less a $100 administrative fee.
- After November 15, 2019, there will be no refunds provided. However, you may transfer your registration to another SOA major meeting within one year of cancellation.
- An alternate attendee within the same organization may be substituted at any time prior to the conference start with no penalty. However, if the original attendee is a member and the substitute attendee is not the difference in rate, between member/nonmember, must be paid in full at time of substitution.
- You may transfer your registration to another meeting or seminar within one calendar year of the original meeting or seminar registered for. However, you will be responsible for any differences in rates and/or fees.
- The Society of Actuaries reserves the right to cancel any event if conditions warrant. In the event of such cancellation, registration fees will be refunded in full. The Society of Actuaries is not responsible for any airfare or hotel cancellation fees that an attendee may incur due to event cancellation.
To cancel an order, log in to My SOA, choose the item you wish to cancel from your order summary and click the cancellation button. Complete the form to submit your refund request.
Shanghai Marriott City Centre
555 Middle Xi Zang Road
Hauangpu District, Shanghai, China
Toll Free Reservations: +86 400 888 5551
Guest room rates (taxes not included):
RMB 1,000 single, including daily breakfast
RMB 1,100 double, including daily breakfast
A special reservations website is available for this event here.
A major credit card will be required in order to make a reservation. Reservations may be cancelled without penalty up to three days prior to the date of your arrival.
Guest Room Cancellation
Cancellation of individual reservations will be accepted by the hotel, without penalty, up to 24 hours prior to arrival. Any cancellations due to medical emergencies that can be verified will not be charged a penalty.
Why Stay at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre?
We realize there are many hotel options available and by staying at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre we offer you the chance to save through the SOA group rate. Staying at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre also provides the best opportunity to network with your peers and maximizes the quality of your meeting experience.
Confirmation of your hotel reservation is provided by the hotel. If you have not received a confirmation number prior to your departure for Shanghai, please call the hotel to make sure your reservation is in order. Remember to mention your affiliation with the Society of Actuaries in all hotel communications to ensure the correct handling of your reservation.
Hotel Check-In and Checkout
Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. Those arriving early may check their bags with the bell desk in the hotel lobby.
The hotel is located approximately 12 miles North East of Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (SHA), and approximately 30 miles North West of Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG).
Taxi fare from Hongqiao International Airport is approximately RMB 90. Taxi fare from Pudong International Airport is approximately RMB 180.