Both CMS and private payers are rapidly accelerating an existing market trend, shifting traditional “insurance risk” to providers. The Provider Risk Sharing Boot Camp will give attendees deeper insights into methods, current thinking and alternative solutions actuaries can use to help providers understand and manage their financial and actuarial risks.,
Actuaries help both providers and payers align incentives to provide quality care to patients at lower costs. Through the lens of various standardized CMS programs, we will explore the inherent tradeoffs of various risk sharing, benchmarking, attribution, incentive, population health, quality measurement and other risk-sharing techniques.
This boot camp will include an in-depth exploration of issues, tools, and techniques actuaries are most likely to face when working in the provider risk-sharing space, including:
· Key considerations and identification of potential program risks
· Evaluation and measurement for shared savings/loss arrangements
· Network considerations for value-based payment
· Attribution techniques and associated issues
· Actuarial considerations for bundled payment arrangements
· Population health & quality considerations for actuaries
· Financial risk considerations associated with provider group size and panel composition
· Techniques to help providers quantify the risk/reward of alternative payment models
Attendees can participate in interactive exercises exploring actuarial issues and techniques associated with the above items and how provider risk sharing features interact.
In addition, presenters will explore practical and cultural considerations that often arise when providers accept financial risk, and how actuaries navigate to address these issues.
This program will be technically advanced, providing a rigorous understanding of regulatory and operational issues and analytic techniques actuaries can use to help providers successfully manage financial risk.
Program ends at 5 pm local time on Tuesday November 12, 2019.
Program ends at 5 pm local time on Tuesday November 12, 2019.
Jennifer D Leazzo FSA,MAAA
Vice President, Analytics
Boncura Health Solutions
Colleen Audrey Norris FSA,MAAA
Kelsey L. Stevens, FSA, MAAA
Wakely Consulting Group
3799 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV
- Guest room rates:
- $150 Grand Tower Room (taxes not included)
- $37 daily resort fee*
*Resort fee includes: Property-wide high-speed internet access, unlimited local and toll-free calls, airline boarding pass printing, notary service and cardio room access for guests 18+.
Make your reservations by Monday, October 21 online, or call +1-702-891-7468 and mention “Health Boot Camps.” Reservations made after this deadline are subject to space and rate availability. Any guaranteed reservation not canceled 72 hours prior to arrival will be subject to hotel cancellation fees.
During check-in, all guests will be asked to verify their departure date. Changes can be made at that time without penalty.
Confirmation of your hotel reservation is provided by the hotel. If you have not received a confirmation number prior to your departure for Las Vegas, please call the hotel to make sure your reservation is in order.
Hotel Check-in and Checkout
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. Those arriving early may check their bags with the bell desk in the hotel lobby.
Parking is available at a rate of $24 per day.
Taxi assistance is available 24 hours a day from the MGM Grand main entrance. You may ask any of the MGM Grand door persons for assistance. SuperShuttle airport shuttles are readily available at the MGM Grand main entrance. One-way shuttle tickets are $11per person, payable to the shuttle driver at departure time. Advance airport shuttle tickets and reservations can be made directly with SuperShuttle or through the MGM Grand concierge.
AmTrav Corporate Travel is the Society of Actuaries’ official travel agency. AmTrav is focused on providing cost savings and enhanced travel services. Call AmTrav at 1+866-284-5774 or visit online at www.amtrav.com.
The registration fee includes Boot Camp materials, breakfast, luncheon and refreshment breaks. Register by October 11 to take advantage of EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION. Registration rates increase $300 after October 11.
Boot Camp Registration Fees (Two Full Days)
|Received By 10/11||Received After 10/11|
Online (credit card required):
Online registration is available through November 8.
PLEASE ALLOW 10 DAYS FOR RECEIPT AND PROCESSING OF CHECKS.
Full payment is required at time of registration.
Order confirmations are emailed upon completion of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation, please go to this page and log in to confirm your order was placed. To request another copy of the confirmation order or to update the registration, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOA incurs significant expenses prior to an event. To minimize losses, SOA maintains the following refund and cancellation policy:
- Prior to Monday, October 28, you may cancel your registration for a full refund, less a $100 administrative fee.
- After Monday, October 28, no refunds will be provided. You may transfer your registration to another SOA meeting or seminar within one calendar year of the original meeting or seminar. However, you will be responsible for any differences in rates and/or fees.
- An alternate attendee within the same organization may be substituted at any time prior to the conference start with no penalty. However, if the original attendee is a member and the substitute attendee is not, the difference in member and non-member rates must be paid in full at time of substitution.
- The Society of Actuaries reserves the right to cancel any event if conditions warrant. In the event of cancellation, registration fees will be refunded in full. The Society of Actuaries is not responsible for any airfare or hotel cancellation fees that an attendee may incur due to event cancellation.
To cancel an order, log in to My SOA, choose the item you wish to cancel from your order summary, and click the cancellation button. Complete the form to submit your refund request.