This seminar is presented by the Product Development Section.
Product development is a key function for life insurance companies to continue to grow and prosper. Industry experts will review the entire product development cycle and share best practices along with their experience.
At the conclusion of this seminar, attendees will:
• Understand the product development lifecycle.
• Understand and have an appreciation for balancing marketing needs, product profitability and consumer desires.
• Understand best practices for evaluating and developing new products.
• Understand the actuarial and non-actuarial aspects of implementing and launching new products.
All levels of actuaries involved in life product development, along with other insurance professionals interested in learning or enhancing their product development skills. Reinsurers who are partners with their clients in supporting new products and product ideas.
Level of Difficulty
The seminar is designed for participants with moderate insurance experience.
Table of Contents
The registration fee includes seminar materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks. Take advantage of EARLY REGISTRATION. Rates increase by $300 for registrations received after April 3.
Register before 04/03/20
Register after 04/03/20
Please note: This seminar is being offered in conjunction with the 2020 Life & Annuity Symposium. Registration and payment for each event should be submitted separately. To register for the 2020 Life & Annuity Symposium, please click here.
- Paying by Credit Card
Online registration is available through May 5. A credit card is required.
Full payment is required at the time of registration.
- Paying by Check
Complete the attached form with check payable to:
Society of Actuaries
So You Decided to Become a Pricing Actuary: What You Need to Know Seminar
SEM2020010 Chicago, IL 60694-5600
PLEASE ALLOW 10 DAYS FOR RECEIPT AND PROCESSING OF CHECKS.
Order confirmations are emailed upon completion of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation, please go to this page and log in to confirm your order was placed. To request another copy of your confirmation or to update your registration, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SOA incurs significant expenses prior to an event. To minimize losses, the SOA maintains the following refund and cancelation policy:
- Prior to April 3, you may cancel your registration with a full refund provided, less a $100 administrative fee.
- After April 3, there will be no refunds provided. You may transfer your registration to another meeting or seminar within one calendar year of the original meeting or seminar registered for. However, you will be responsible for any differences in rates and/or fees.
- An alternate attendee within the same organization may be substituted at any time prior to the conference start with no penalty. However, if the original attendee is a member and the substitute attendee is not the difference in rate, between member/nonmember, must be paid in full at time of substitution.
- The Society of Actuaries reserves the right to cancel any event if conditions warrant. In the event of such cancellation, registration fees will be refunded in full. The Society of Actuaries is not responsible for any airfare or hotel cancellation fees that an attendee may incur due to event cancellation.
To cancel an order, log in to My SOA, choose the item you wish to cancel from your order summary and click the cancellation button. Complete the form to submit your refund request.
800 Washington Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63101-1202
Toll Free Reservations: +1-800-228-9290
Guest room rates (taxes not included):
$199 single/double occupancy
Make your reservations online by 12:00 pm Eastern Friday, April 3 or by calling 1-800-228-9290. Reservations made after this deadline are subject to space and rate availability. Please make sure you mention that you are attending the Society of Actuaries’ Life & Annuity Symposium. A major credit card is required in order to make a reservation.
Hotel Pirate Warning
Please Note: Should you receive a phone call or email requesting you make your hotel reservation or upgrade your reservation through an outside party (or a party saying they represent the hotel) for a different rate, please do not comply. Book your room directly with the hotel.
Often these vendors will add fees that could substantially inflate your costs and expose the organization to penalties for not meeting our room block commitment. The SOA and hotel are unable to confirm or guarantee any reservation that is not made directly through the hotel.
Confirmation of your hotel reservation is provided by the hotel. If you have not received a confirmation number prior to your departure for St. Louis, please call the hotel to make sure your reservation is in order.
Hotel Check-In and Checkout
Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. Those arriving early may check their bags with the bell desk in the hotel lobby.
During check-in all guests will be asked to verify their departure date. At that time, you may change your departure date without penalty. Any guest who departs before the confirmed departure date may be charged an early departure fee.
Why Stay at the Marriott St. Louis Grand?
Help us meet our contractual obligations by staying in the room block. We realize there are many hotel options available and by staying at the Marriott we offer you the chance to save through the SOA group rate. Staying at the Marriott will also provide you the best opportunity to network with your peers and maximizes the quality of your meeting experience.
This upscale hotel located in downtown St. Louis is a 3-minute walk from the Convention Center Metrolink subway station, a 15-minute walk from the iconic Gateway Arch, and less than a mile from baseball games at Busch Stadium. Explore St. Louis
The Marriott St. Louis Grand is located 14 miles from St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL). Estimated taxi fare is $40.00.
AmTrav Corporate Travel is the Society of Actuaries’ official travel agency. AmTrav is focused on providing cost savings and enhanced travel services. Call AmTrav at +1-866-284-5774 or visit them online at www.amtrav.com.