The SOA 2020 Life & Annuity Symposium is in St. Louis: Submit your session proposals!
The Society of Actuaries is accepting proposals for concurrent sessions at the SOA’s 2020 Life & Annuity Symposium, May 4-5, 2020 in St. Louis, MO at the Marriott St. Louis Grand.
The symposium planning committee is seeking proposals for sessions that will enhance the knowledge of actuaries working with life insurance products and actuaries working with annuity products.
• Current state of and trends in product development
• Current state of and trends in underwriting
• Impacts of accounting regimes on product designs
• Innovations in product design and distribution
• Impacts of reinsurance
• Setting assumptions in the pricing process
• Model governance and model validation
• Management of inforce blocks
• Communication of results
• Relevant research studies and surveys
• Professionalism (e.g., ASOPs, conduct, ethics)
As you develop your proposal, please consider the following:
• Engaging way to deliver educational content;
• All sessions are 75 minutes in length;
• Sessions should not be a forum for an individual company or product;
• Presenters should be from a variety of companies or firms; and
• An individual should not present in more than two sessions.
Please submit your proposal by Sept. 23, 2019 using this form. Please fill out the form completely.
If you have a colleague who is an expert on a particular topic, please let them know about this opportunity.
Note: Submitting a proposal does not guarantee it will be selected as a session at the meeting. You will be notified by Nov. 25, 2019 if your proposal has been accepted exactly as is, or it may be combined with similar/related proposal(s). The committee reserves the right to decline any proposal if it is determined the topic is not a match for this program.
Sept. 23 – Session proposal due
Nov. 25 – Decision notification
Dec. 6 – Program schedule finalized
May 4-5, 2020 – Life & Annuity Symposium
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Wojcik at firstname.lastname@example.org .