Distance Learning for Pension Actuaries
The networking benefits and in-person feeling of "live" instruction has value, but distance learning offers the same high-quality education as onsite learning. Web-based distance learning is a convenient option if your ability to travel is limited. It's also cost-effective. Download a PDF of current SOA distance learning offerings.
SOA Distance Learning Pricing
- You may join the Retirement Section and get a discount on your distance learning subscription, along with all of the latest news and updates that impact Retirement practitioners.
- The price is $499 for Retirement Section members and $599 for non-Retirement Section members.
- Since SOA has a variety of subjects in its distance learning archives, retirement actuaries can find programs well-suited to their specific area of practice.
How to Subscribe to SOA Distance Learning
Subscription enrollment lasts for 12 months or 12 hours of instruction, whichever occurs first. Follow these steps to subscribe:
- Read the Terms and Conditions
- Click the "Purchase" button
- Log in using your SOA username and password
- Purchase your subscription
After registration is complete, you'll receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to access the materials.
How to Receive SOA Distance Learning Credit
- Write a summary, no more than two pages in length, that reflects your understanding of the materials.
- Enter your summary into the online SOA Distance Learning Submission Form.
- When you click "Submit," the form will be sent to DLsubscriptions@soa.org.
Please contact our Customer Service Team at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.