Professional Development Updates
U.S. and Canada
- SOA Professional Development events - COVID-19 update: At this point in time, the SOA is committed to moving forward with the fall in-person meetings with a virtual component. Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our attendees, partners, suppliers, and employees. We are closely monitoring the public health concerns around the COVID-19 pandemic and we will follow public health guidance in relation to in-person events.
- Join us at the 2020 Health Virtual Meeting for a dynamic, two-day virtual event June 8-9. The new format for this event offers you a convenient way to receive the top-notch professional development you expect from the SOA from wherever you are in the world. Earn up to 11.70 Continuing Professional Development credits for both days.
- The April 22-23 seminar for cohort 7 of the Predictive Analytics Certificate Program will be postponed. An update on plans for the rescheduled program will be sent to all participants on April 3. In the interim, please contact Martha Sikaras at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, LIMRA, LOMA, ACLI and the SOA have made the difficult, but necessary decision to cancel the 2020 Life Insurance Conference scheduled for April 20-22 in Salt Lake City, UT and the 2020 Retirement Industry Conference that was to take place April 22-24 also in Salt Lake City. Please visit the events’ sites for further information on refunds and virtual sessions that might be available soon.
International Professional Development Events
- The SOA postponed the 2020 SOA China Symposium that was originally scheduled for May 28-29 in Shenzhen to August or September of this year. In the interim, the SOA is holding a series of virtual professional development for our members. The first webinar was held in partnership with the China Association of Actuaries on March 13 under the title "The Impact of the COVID-19 on the Life Insurance Industry and Insights on Valuation.” More sessions are being planned.
- The SOA Asia-Pacific Annual Symposium that was scheduled to take place June 1-2 in Singapore has been rescheduled for September to November this year.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.