Through a combination of detailed content and hands-on training, gain and incorporate an ethical framework of best practices when creating or deploying predictive models.
Actuaries, other insurance professionals, and regulators work more frequently with big data, predictive analytics, and AI. A new set of ethical questions is arising, and the potential for more decision-making to be in the control of computer algorithms raises significant new risks to the insurance profession.
The Society of Actuaries’ new Ethical & Responsible Use of Data & Predictive Models Certificate Program is a 5-month virtual program offering the most comprehensive, hands-on practical training available. It is ideal for everyone involved with creating or deploying predictive models and will provide in-depth training to ensure that learners are grounded in best practices, including:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the ethical issues around using data, the questions to ask to mitigate risk and how the use of predictive analytics and AI create professional and reputational risks that are different from traditional model building.
- Practice learned methods and concepts from a trusted source, with real-world illustrative examples and applications with the integration of soft skills to understand the importance of model explainability and the difficulties associated with models viewed as black boxes.
- Learn how teamwork and communication are critical for model development and deployment to reduce the risk of unintended biases and unanticipated outcomes.
This end-to-end program includes self-directed and live learning experiences:
- E-learning: Conclude each of the seven e-Learning modules with a self-assessment that measures understanding and reinforces concepts and learning
- Community: Join a private discussion platform to engage and learn from fellow participants
- Instructor-led Seminars: Three live, instructor-led events at intervals throughout the course offer discussion between modules and connection with peers across the world
- Assessment: Submit the culminating take-home assessment for an opportunity to earn the certificate as recognition of the knowledge you’ve earned
Program Dates & Registration
See upcoming program dates and registration details. Learn More