SOA Outstanding Volunteer Awards
Many people run on coffee, but the Society of Actuaries runs on volunteers. Volunteering has become part of the fabric of many people's lives, and the ideas, knowledge and expertise needed to keep the SOA moving forward would be impossible without the involvement of our volunteers. That's why the SOA will once again honor Outstanding Volunteers in 2018.
We've all had the experience of working with an outstanding volunteer - one whose contributions exceed expectations and go well beyond the responsibilities of the position. We are asking you, our volunteers and our staff, to share your thoughts and experiences. Here is your opportunity to nominate someone you feel has demonstrated the key qualities that establish them as an Outstanding Volunteer. Just follow the guidelines below and submit your nomination by June 8, 2018.
Thank you for helping us celebrate these extraordinary individuals.
Any SOA volunteer or staff member can nominate an individual who has volunteered.
SOA Outstanding Volunteer Award nominees must:
- be a current SOA Member. Non-SOA Members are not eligible for nomination.
- be nominated for volunteer activities within the SOA ONLY – not The Actuarial Foundation.
- have volunteered with the SOA in the last 18 months.
- not be a current SOA Board Member.
- not be a previous Outstanding Volunteer Award recipient within the last five (5) years.
When nominating a volunteer, consider the following types of contributions an outstanding volunteer demonstrates.
- Contributes to superior performance and growth
- Demonstrates strong commitment and gets results
- Exhibits extraordinary effort
- Takes on a leadership role and inspires others
- Mentors new volunteers
- Communicates effectively
- Provides new ideas and participates in the implementation of those ideas
- Invites collaboration in team activities
Please complete a Nomination Form for each individual nominee. You may attach any supporting documentation you wish to include directly in the Nomination Form. Please submit nominations by June 8, 2018.
All nominations will be forwarded to the Society of Actuaries' Outstanding Volunteer Committee when you click on the Submit Button within the document. This committee is comprised of SOA volunteers from the Education, Research, Professional Development, International and Special Practice areas of the SOA. The team will review the submissions and select the 2018 Honorees.
Award recipients will be announced at the SOA Annual Meeting, October 14-17, 2018.
Any questions regarding this process can be directed to the Volunteer Resource Specialist at email@example.com.