The FHLB Advance Window: A Compelling Opportunity?portfolios and are familiar with them. The primary business of the banks is to extend low-cost loans ... liquidity has increased in size. And you can see the direct result in the coverage ratio of a 0.2 increase ...
Description: Presented at May 2002 Spring Meeting. This session describes the general features of advance programs operated by various Federal Home Loan Banks, summarizes potential benefits to insurers and identifies key issues surrounding the programs.Hide
- Authors: Anson Glacy, Thomas Grondin, UNKNOWN H D Barkett
- Date: May 2002
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Banking - Finance & Investments; Finance & Investments>Investments
Use of Structured Advances in Risk ManagementUse of Structured Advances in Risk Management This article discusses how FHLB advances, ... premiums that may extend far into the future. Long-term care insurance (LTC) and long-term disability income ...
Description: This article discusses how FHLB advances, i.e. low cost loans, can supply valuable risk management benefits. By carefully structuring an advance to mature coincident with the anticipated premium inflows generated by insurance products, a company can largely eliminate future net cash flows and consequently the need to invest them in uncertain capital markets.Hide
- Authors: Anson Glacy
- Date: Feb 2003
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Risks & Rewards
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments