Living to 100: Survival to Advanced Ages: Insurance Industry Implication on Retirement Planning and the Secondary Market in Insuranceimmediate annuities, investment products and health care products, in order to maximize a set of defined ... varying risk/return characterizations and health care products for the morbidity risk, there are three ...
Description: The paper will focus on two broad areas, integration of insurance products with investment products to mitigate the risk of outliving one’s assets in post-retirement financial planning. Modeling and pricing for the longevity risk in the secondary market in insurance.Hide
- Authors: Jeyaraj Vadiveloo, Charles I Vinsonhaler, Peng Zhou, Application Administrator
- Date: Jan 2008
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Topics: Annuities>Individual annuities; Finance & Investments>Investments; Long-term Care; Pensions & Retirement; Pensions & Retirement>Retirement risks
The Risk of Asset Default - Report of the Society of Actuaries C-1 Risk Task Force of the Committee on Valuation and Related Areasovert defaults is to "restructure" the loan or direct placement, thereby avoiding the unpleasantness ... default-creating process has changed since 1945. In more direct language, we are living in a different economic ...
Description: This paper summarizes default experience on bonds from 1900 through 1987. Although the information is more extensive for publicly traded bonds, the paper includes some information on private placements, some of which is not otherwise available.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Aaron Tenenbein, Irwin T Vanderhoof, Ralph Verni
- Date: Oct 1989
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Economics>Financial markets; Finance & Investments>Investments
Life Insurance Companies Investing in High-Yield Bondsdiminished due to a number of factors, such as direct regulatory limitation on the quantity of lower ... valuation criteria promulgated by the NAIC, as well as direct limitations by the NAIC on the percentage of assets ...
Description: A paper on investment results of life insurance companies investing in high-yield, lower quality bonds, September, 1999.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Paulette Johnson
- Date: Sep 1999
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments
Analysis of Junk Bond Investment Resultscompany and has consulted for several continuing care retirement communi- ties (CCRCs.) She has researched ... was Johns-Manville, which used the courts to take care of a potential litigation problem with asbestos ...
Description: 1994 SOA Spring Meeting, Orlando. The first report on a study of bond investment results of life insurance companies with high-yield bond portfolios was presented at this session. The study, covering years 1986-92, was commissioned by the Society of Actuaries Ufe Insurance Practice Research Committee.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Robert J Johansen, John C Winter, Paulette Johnson, Jerome S Fons
- Date: Apr 1994
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments>Investments