Hedging Variable Annuity Guarantees: A Practical DiscussionOnce the reinsurance market started to dry up, the direct writers had to look at other alternatives. Not ... there are even differences of opinion within our primary auditor in terms of how you should go about valuing ...
Description: From a session at the Spring meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in San Antonio, Texas, June 14-15, 2004 The panelists discuss the benefits of hedging variable annuity guarantees, the challenges they face and how they keep score.Hide
- Authors: Zafar Rashid, Francis Sabatini, Application Administrator, Daniel D Heyer, Mark Evans
- Date: Jun 2004
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities>Guaranteed living benefits; Annuities>Variable annuities; Finance & Investments>Risk measurement - Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP]; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Stochastic models
Lessons Learned – A Risk PerspectiveLessons Learned – A Risk Perspective In this session, a company will share its experience on ... Eye-o-Meter evaluations • Understanding what you care about is hard. Developing and managing models that ...
Description: In this session, a company will share its experience on managing risks underlying the equity-linked insurance guarantees and what lessons were learned over these years as it adapted its strategies to suit the current market environment.Hide
- Authors: Daniel D Heyer
- Date: Nov 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Annuities; Annuities>Equity-indexed annuities; Annuities>Fixed annuities; Annuities>Variable annuities; Pensions & Retirement>Risk management