Responsible Health Care Reform Part 3: Cost Control And EfficiencyResponsible Health Care Reform Part 3: Cost Control And Efficiency This article discusses what actuaries ... actuaries see as ideal components of a health care reform package with an emphasis on cost control, efficiency ...
Description: This article discusses what actuaries see as ideal components of a health care reform package with an emphasis on cost control, efficiency, elimination of fraud and reduction of errors.Hide
- Authors: Lawrence McCarthy, David M Tuomala
- Date: Jun 2010
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Public Policy; Public Policy; Health & Disability>Electronic medical record
Federal Health Care Reform: Excise Tax on High-Cost Employer PlansFederal Health Care Reform: Excise Tax on High-Cost Employer Plans The actuarial committee that authored ... Behavioral economics;Group health plans;Health care reform;Scenario generation=Scenario generators=Economic ...
Description: The actuarial committee that authored this report developed a model to estimate the revenue the tax would generate. The results point out key considerations for an excise tax on high cost health plans, including the wide range of results generated by sensitivity to certain assumptions.Hide
- Authors: Lawrence McCarthy, R Vance, Joseph Badalamenti, Sara Teppema, David M Tuomala, Ruby S Kao
- Date: Jan 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health insurance; Public Policy