Session 18: AP - Using Predictive Models for Life Insurance AssumptionsSession 18: AP - Using Predictive Models for Life Insurance Assumptions Predictive modeling ... more than a simple modeling practice. One must take care to address how the model is applied and its business ...
Description: Predictive modeling is a powerful toolset for assumption setting (mortality, lapse, etc.). The multivariate approach has its advantages in handling high-dimensional data, address correlations, and statistical significance. However, building insurance assumptions is far more than a simple modeling practice. One must take care to address how the model is applied and its business implications. This session will share the learnings from multiple projects.Hide
- Authors: Rosmery Cruz, Dihui Lai
- Date: Sep 2019
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Management skills; Technology & Applications>Artificial intelligence & machine learning
Spark: the Next-generation Processing Engine for Big DataSpark: the Next-generation Processing Engine for Big Data Spark offers a way to get some dramatic ... widely adopted as a tool for big data in IT, health care, financial services, telecommunica- tion and life ...
Description: Spark offers a way to get some dramatic speed and scalability advantages over the Map-reduce methodology whenever you are doing iterative data processing and particularly when you want interactive data analysis capability. Find out why “lazy execution” can be a desirable characteristic when dealing with big data.Hide
- Authors: Dihui Lai, Qichun Xu
- Date: Dec 2015
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Predictive Analytics and Futurism Newsletter
- Topics: Modeling & Statistical Methods>Data mining; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Modeling efficiency