Non-guaranteed reinsurance under PBRover the consistency of reserve credits held by direct writ- ers and reserves held by reinsurers. Variation ... Variation in observed reserve credits between direct writers is primarily driven by the level of mortality ...
Description: The article provides a brief background on the issue of modeling non-guaranteed reinsurance under Life princple-based reserving and explores how temporary solutions are impacting insurers as well as the journey to a long-term solutionHide
- Authors: Dylan Strother, Kathryn van Ryn
- Date: Nov 2020
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Reinsurance News
- Topics: Financial Reporting & Accounting>Statutory accounting; Reinsurance>Life reinsurance; Reinsurance>Reserving - Reinsurance
Insights Into Life Principle-Based Reserves Implementation and Modeling PracticesInsights Into Life Principle-Based Reserves Implementation and Modeling Practices Mandatory implementation ... Acceleration of benefit (non-zero-cost) 37% Long-term care 34% Acceleration of benefit (zero-cost) 32% ...
Description: Mandatory implementation of life principle-based reserves (PBR) is just around the corner and there is no shortage of work to do, as most products have yet to be moved to PBR. Oliver Wyman recently completed its 2019 PBR survey, with more than 40 participants covering 85 percent of the individual life market, including 23 of the top 25 life writers and five reinsurers. This article will expand on the key survey findings, including implementation trends, analysis to date, model robustness and common simplifications.Hide
- Authors: Simon Gervais , Kevin Carr, Haley Christine Jeorgesen , Dylan Strother, Chris Whitney
- Date: Nov 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: The Modeling Platform
- Topics: Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Pricing - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Reserves - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Secondary guarantees; Life Insurance>Term life; Life Insurance>Product development - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Universal life; Life Insurance>Whole life