Managing Equity GuaranteesAnd luckily all the children said, ah, we don't care. So it's very good news for the country that the ... position in D.C. because his children really don't care about $250 million that they'll be losing. But ...
Description: Presented at May 2002 Spring Meeting. This session provides an overview of the various methods used to manage the risks from guarantees of equity-based life and annuity products. Discussion includes the use of reinsurance, self-insurance and static/dynamic hedging.Hide
- Authors: Hubert B Mueller, Gilbert Lacoste, Darin Zimmerman, Thomas Ho, Elinor Friedman
- Date: May 2002
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities>Variable annuities; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Life Insurance
Risk Management, July 2006, Issue No. 8optimal level of risk. Not Capturing All Risks A primary goal of ERM is to determine the inte- grated and ... be defined as the level that best serves the primary stakeholders (shareholders) while satisfying the ...
Description: Full version of Risk Management, July 2006, Issue No. 8.Hide
- Authors: Robert A Bear, David Ingram, John J Kollar, Stephen P Lowe, James Rech, Max Rudolph, Prakash A Shimpi, Steven Siegel, Sim Segal, Andre Choquet, Gilbert Lacoste, Ronald Harasym, Ken Seng Tan, Valentina A Isakina, Paul Stanworth
- Date: Jul 2006
- Publication Name: Risk Management