Paper 5: Evaluating Disease Management Savings OutcomesPaper 5: Evaluating Disease Management Savings Outcomes This is one of a series of SOA-sponsored ... papers on the subject of Evaluating the Results of Care Management Interventions. This paper addresses the ...
Description: This is one of a series of SOA-sponsored papers on the subject of Evaluating the Results of Care Management Interventions. This paper addresses the theory of measurement design and provides a practical evaluation of the most common designs for the practitioner.Hide
- Authors: Ian G Duncan
- Date: Oct 2005
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health care
Health Predictive Analytics SeminarHealth Predictive Analytics Seminar The Health Predictive Analytics Seminar is an interactive, ... models developed by analysts. Health, Long Term Care Insurance and Modeling Section members will also ...
Description: The Health Predictive Analytics Seminar is an interactive, hands-on seminar that provides attendees with the opportunity to apply practical knowledge of statistical techniques that are broadly relevant in actuarial work. Core techniques, like regression analysis, generalized linear models, decision trees, time series analysis and machine learning techniques will also be discussed. The curriculum will also cover a refresher in basic statistics, as well as hypothesis testing, tests of significance and interpretation of results. Attendees will learn an important component of health analytics work: the ability to understand and interpret claims data and construct appropriate algorithms. All techniques will be illustrated with health insurance applications and case studies.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries, Ian G Duncan, Sreenivas Konda
- Date: Mar 2018
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health insurance; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Regression analysis; Technology & Applications>Analytics and informatics