Investment Policy In A Changing Economystatutory position is paramount because of its direct impact on the basic business of the company. ... which ultimately means the board of directors, has primary responsibility for choosing investment policies ...
Description: This panel discussion presented at the April 1976 SOA meeting in Washington D.C. presents opinions and information related to investment policy in a changing economy.Hide
- Authors: Donald D Cody, William A Dreher, Irwin T Vanderhoof, Allan B. Roby
- Date: Apr 1976
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investment policy; Finance & Investments>Investments
The Risk of Asset Default - Report of the Society of Actuaries C-1 Risk Task Force of the Committee on Valuation and Related Areasovert defaults is to "restructure" the loan or direct placement, thereby avoiding the unpleasantness ... default-creating process has changed since 1945. In more direct language, we are living in a different economic ...
Description: This paper summarizes default experience on bonds from 1900 through 1987. Although the information is more extensive for publicly traded bonds, the paper includes some information on private placements, some of which is not otherwise available.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Aaron Tenenbein, Irwin T Vanderhoof, Ralph Verni
- Date: Oct 1989
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Economics>Financial markets; Finance & Investments>Investments