Accountable Care Organizations: An Untapped OpportunityAccountable Care Organizations: An Untapped Opportunity Since health care reform has made accountable ... accountable care organizations a hot topic, an SOA workgroup is addressing relevant questions, including provider ...
Description: Since health care reform has made accountable care organizations a hot topic, an SOA workgroup is addressing relevant questions, including provider risk under various ACO models, limitations of the Medicare model for motivating change in the health care delivery system, strategic priorities, attribution of members, meaurement, and the roles actuaries can play.Hide
- Authors: Jim Toole, Sara Teppema
- Date: Sep 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Risk measurement - ERM; Enterprise Risk Management>Strategic risks; Health & Disability>Health care; Public Policy
U.S. Health Care System: Righting An InversionU.S. Health Care System: Righting An Inversion Essay stating Americans need to invent, implement, and ... and evaluate sustainable health care policies, divert cash-flow streams away from projects which feed ...
Description: Essay stating Americans need to invent, implement, and evaluate sustainable health care policies, divert cash-flow streams away from projects which feed the beast and focus on projects and policies which enhance value. It will require a combination of thoughtful, coordinated policies and a change in our cultural expectations of infinite resources and unlimited choice.Hide
- Authors: Jim Toole
- Date: Jun 2009
- Competency: Leadership>Thought leadership
- Topics: Economics>Financial markets; Public Policy; Health & Disability>Electronic medical record
Latin America Committeechallenges. • It is geographically close to the SOA’s primary base of opera- tions in North America. Committee ... in the region. The committee identified its primary stakeholders as univer- sities and its constituent ...
Description: Latin America committee strategy meeting.Hide
- Authors: Jim Toole, Linda Priebe
- Date: May 2017
- Competency: Leadership>Thought leadership; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust
- Publication Name: International News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Actuarial Profession>Professional development