The Impact of AIDS on Life and Health Insurance Companies: A Guide for Practicing Actuarieson the other hand may increase the cost of health care by requiring longer and more expensive treatment ... ultimate death were reviewed by the Task Force. The primary model used by the Task Force was the model by ...
Description: This report has been assembled by the Task Force as a comprehensive guide to practicing actuaries in evaluating the impact of AIDS on the solvency of life and health insurance companies in the US and Canada. From Transactions of Society of Actuaries 1988, Vol. 40, Pt. 2.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Robert Beal, Jay P Boekhoff, David J Christianson, Ronald Colby, Michael Cowell, Gary E Dahlman, David Holland, Walter H Hoskins, William C Koenig, Barbara Lautzenheiser, Richard W Mathes, Thomas W Reese, John E Tiller, Harry A Woodman, Michael L Zurcher
- Date: Oct 1988
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Health & Disability>Disability insurance; Health & Disability>Health insurance; Life Insurance
ReinsuranceInsurance Company. 985 906 OPEN FORUM We sampled direct claim experience for the years 1978 to 1982 to ... and reflect this experience in actual pricing. Direct writers should do the same and not insist on making ...
Description: This session from the 1983 SOA Vancouver Meeting reviews the Business Mens Assurance's computerized mortality study on its reinsured business. It also discusses smoker/non-smoker mortality assumptions, surplus relief via traditional coinsurance and mod-co and TEFRA impact on reinsurance. From Record of Society of Actuaries Vol. 9, No. 3Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Gordon K Dowsley, Denis W Loring, John E Tiller, Michael R. Winn
- Date: May 1983
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Mortality; Reinsurance