Product Managementthe top says we've got to get into the long-term care market. We will design a product, price it, give ... then we decide that these people need long-term care insurance. Since we happen to sell products to the ...
Description: 1992 SOA Regional Meeting, Anaheim. This session addressed the product management actuary and the product management process. Topics discussed : 1. The monitoring of the environment and how that monitoring leads to the generation of ideas. 2. Consideration of how those ideas are affected by distribution, marketing, and organizational issues. 3. The setting of assumptions. 4. How to get different areas of your company to work together, and ways to bring the product to market as quickly as possible. 5. How to manage business once your company places it on the books.Hide
- Authors: John Hele, Anne Katcher, Alastair G Longley-Cook, Steven Schreiber, John F Bevacqua
- Date: Jun 1992
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities; Health & Disability>Health insurance; Life Insurance
Chief Risk Officer Forum - Principles for Regulatory Admissibility of Internal ModelsChief Risk Officer Forum - Principles for Regulatory Admissibility of Internal Models This article ... risk can be modeling on integrated basis through direct modeling of the index (e.g., through an Economic ...
Description: This article describes an initiative of the Chief Risk Officer Forum to perform a study to benchmark internal models, so as to discuss the admissibility of these models for regulatory purposes in the context of Solvency II. The results of and reactions to that study are discussed.Hide
- Authors: John Hele, Henk van Broekhoven
- Date: Mar 2006
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Risk Management
- Topics: Finance & Investments