1986-92 Credit Risk Loss Experience Study: Private Placement Bonds - Asset Risk Experience Committee and Private Placement Subcommitteeeconomic cycle, the period is relatively short and care must be used in interpreting and using the results ... as depicted in Figure t. Incidence rates, the primary driver of economic !oss rates, continued to increase ...
Description: This report presents the results of the 1986-92 Credit Risk Event 'CRE' Loss Experience Study which represents a continuation of the 1986-89 pilot study analyzing loss experience by institutional investors on private placement bonds. This continuing study is being conducted under the auspices of the Society of Actuaries and involves thirteen institutional investors which accounted for between 34% and 42% of outstanding life insurance company private placement bond holdings during the study period. The study measures incidence rates, loss severities and economic loss rates associated with credit risk events for privately placed debt during the years 1986-92. From Transactions of Society of Actuaries 1997-98 Reports.Hide
- Authors: Nicholas Bauer, Warren Luckner, John Luff, George Silos, Kin O Tam, Michael L Zurcher, Stacy Gill, Serge Goulet, Kenneth S Roberts, Bradley Scher, Mark Carey, Mark Poeppelman, Daniel Towriss, Warren R Adams
- Date: Jan 1997
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments
Credit Risk of Private Placement Bonds and Commercial Mortgages: SOA 1986-1989 Intercompany StudyCredit Risk of Private Placement Bonds and Commercial Mortgages: SOA 1986-1989 Intercompany Study ... RECORD, VOLUME 19 MR. WARREN R. LUCKNER: The primary purpose of my portion of this presentation is to ...
Description: 1993 SOA Annual Meeting in New York. This session is about an intercompany study on credit risk of private placement bonds and commercial mortgages. The development of the study, results for the 1986-1989 period, ongoing nature of the study, and company leverage were discussed.Hide
- Authors: Gery J Barry, Warren Luckner, Kin O Tam, Edward I Altman, William Wendt, Mark G. Doherty
- Date: Oct 1993
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments>Investments; Finance & Investments>Risk measurement - Finance & Investments