Risks and Rewards Newsletter, July 2003, Issue No. 42membership would want us to retain investments as the primary focus, rather than shift to risk management, even ... management in consideration of several factors, primary among them the solvency concerns of policyholders— ...
Description: Full version of Risks and Rewards Newsletter, July 2003, Issue No. 42.Hide
- Authors: Nino A Boezio, Catherine Ehrlich, Martin Roy, Larry Rubin, Hubert B Mueller, Douglas A George, Teri Geske, Michael Bean, John Ryding, Leo Tilman, David Ingram, Christian Gilles, Ajay Rajadhyaksha
- Date: Jul 2003
- Publication Name: Risks & Rewards
Credit Spreads, Asset Return Assumptions and the Fair Value of Liabilitiesthis presentation, I'm going to argue that the primary purpose of the general purpose accounting system ... prospective owners are not the primary users and that some of the others are the primary users, you could go the ...
Description: This presentation is an open forum, session 58OF, from the 2004 Spring Meeting of the Society of Actuaries, held June 14-15 in San Antonio, TX. The panelists present both theoretical and practical perspectives of the role of assumed asset returns and credit spreads in determining the fair value of policyholder liabilities. They cover financial economics, how other financial service companies value liabilities, what factors go into determining an appropriate discount rate for insurance liabilities, and issues currently being debated by the International Accounting Standards Board [IASB], and the Financial Accounting Standards Board [FASB]. Discussion from participants is included. From the Record of Society of Actuaries, Volume 30, No. 2.Hide
- Authors: Sam Gutterman, Burton Jay, Larry Rubin, Hubert B Mueller
- Date: Jun 2004
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Fair value accounting; Global Perspectives