Longevity Perceptions and Drivers: How Americans View Life ExpectancyGreenwald and Associates to perform the study with two primary goals: 1. to determine how realistic individuals ... life expectancy may not prepare properly for the care of financial dependents in the future in the event ...
Description: The Society of Actuaries Strategic Research Program Steering Committee is pleased to release this report examining how well people estimate their own life expectancy.Hide
- Authors: Brian J Perlman, Marianne C Purushotham, Donna Christine Megregian, Ronora Stryker, Magali Barbieri, Amy Suzanne Whinnett, Larry Stern, Shing-Her Juang, Caroline Fauquier
- Date: Jan 2020
- Competency: Leadership; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Demography; Demography>Longevity; Experience Studies & Data>Mortality
E-Commerce Series: Marketing on the Internetdiffer from traditional agencies in that their primary purpose is to draw traffic to their Web site, which ... include UL, VUL and annuities, and possibly long-term care and disability income. During the course of this ...
Description: From a session at a meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in San Diego, CA, June 22-23, 2000 Topics covered in this session included: 1. Which customer segments may or may not be Internet-literate and how they can be identified, 2. How to determine the needs of identified customer segments and which of these needs can be served through the Internet, 3. Product consideration given Internet distribution, including design, agent involvement, and regulatory/compliance considerations.Hide
- Authors: Philip J Cernanec, Michael L Fix, Sanford Herman, Paul A Schuster, Larry Stern, Frederick S Townsend, Edwin Schrum, Stephen Rulis, Craig Blumenfeld, Kristina Meyer
- Date: Jun 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Life Insurance>Pricing - Life Insurance; Technology & Applications>E-commerce
Review of Life, Health, and Annuity Reinsurance 4th Editionpreservation in one text. The authors have taken care to make the book easy to read: • A word in bold ... States and Canada. The authors have taken great care to differentiate terms between U.S. versions and ...
Description: Book review of the latest edition (4th) of Life, Health, and Annuity Reinsurance by John Tiller, Jr and Denise Fagerberg TillerHide
- Authors: Larry Stern
- Date: Nov 2015
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Professional Values; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Reinsurance News
- Topics: Reinsurance>Health reinsurance; Reinsurance>Life reinsurance
Session 60: Practical Application of Innovation and Insurtech in InsuranceSession 60: Practical Application of Innovation and Insurtech in Insurance "The ... closely follow federal law. The Sherman Act, is the primary U.S. antitrust law pertaining to association activities ...
Description: "The presenters will discuss the impact of innovation and insurtech to insurance through the use of case studies and practical examples. At the conclusion of the session, attendees will be able to develop insights into practical ways to leverage innovation to transform insurance, and the threats and hurdles that innovators face. "Hide
- Authors: Geoffrey Keast, Larry Stern, Kevin Pledge
- Date: May 2019
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Technology & Applications; Technology & Applications>Analytics and informatics