The Financial Services Industry And Its Responses To Inflation And Deregulationagents and field offices, the travel offices, direct mail, and in the future, interactive cable television ... agency management may be a skill in one company, direct response marketing, investment management, and ...
Description: Panel discussion from the April 1982 Society of Actuaries meeting in Houston on the topic of the financial services industry and its response to inflation and deregulation. Topics included: 1. Industry reconfiguration, relative competitiveness of various segments of the industry. 2. New products and technological advance 3. Impacts on the life insurance industry. a. Bank marketing of insurance products b. Investment and bank products marketed by insurersHide
- Authors: Louis Garfin, J Ross Hanson, Wilfred A Kraegel, Robin B Leckie, Paul H LeFevre, John M Lenser, Paul Milgrom, Ma Rosario S Rodolfo, Robert Shapiro, Martin Staehlin, Ronald E Timpe
- Date: Apr 1982
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities>Marketing and distribution - Annuities; Life Insurance>Marketing and distribution - Life Insurance; Public Policy
The Merger of Mutual Life Insurance Companieswell as in the refinements used in allocating in- direct income and expenditures. Although this approach ... companies are the mecha- nism for identification of direct items of income and expenditures and the techniques ...
Description: This paper explores the considerations involved in the merger of mutual life insurance companies, with emphasis on the unique problems of maintenance of equity between the various policy owners affected. The paper written by Howard Kayton and Robert Tookey is followed by a discussion from several peopleHide
- Authors: Louis Garfin, L Giles, Howard H Kayton, Robert Merritt, Robert C Tookey, Charles F B Richardson
- Date: Oct 1972
- Competency: Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Finance & Investments