The Experience Of Living Under Sustained InflationThe Experience Of Living Under Sustained Inflation From the April 1982 Society of Actuaries ... markets;Group health plans;Group life plans;Health care costs;Health insurance;Inflation;Investment strategy;Life ...
Description: From the April 1982 Society of Actuaries meeting in Houston. Discussion of how the insurance industries in several countries have dealt with high levels of inflation with respect to the development and marketing of insurance products. Also discussed: I. the overall business and economic environment 2. the taxation structure of insurance companies 3. the availability of suitable investments 4. the insurance regulatory climate and 5. the structure of worldwide capital markets Possible applications to U.S. insurance in the 1980's were explored.Hide
- Authors: Chris H McElvaine, Richard E Swager, David S Williams, Luis Huerta, Yehuda Kahane
- Date: Apr 1982
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments; Global Perspectives; Health & Disability>Health insurance; Life Insurance
Mexico Will Be Site Of 2002 ICAaddressing the concept of open access in man-aged care plans. The open access approach removes the referral ... without first obtaining a referral from their primary care physicians. Tony Hammond will chair a formal ...
Description: This article announces that the 27th International Congress of Actuaries will be held March 17-22, 2002, in Cancun, Mexico, a country where the actuarial profession is increasing in significance.Hide
- Authors: Luis Huerta
- Date: Nov 1999
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Global Perspectives