Navigating Cost-Sharing Reduction Subsidy DefundingNavigating Cost-Sharing Reduction Subsidy Defunding This paper will examine why CSR defunding ... 2020 premiums. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Rate regulation, Individual health plans 3/14/2019 ...
Description: This paper will examine why CSR defunding produces pricing uncertainty and how regulators can alleviate these risks when insurers price 2020 premiums.Hide
- Authors: Michael Cohen, Peter van Laarhoven
- Date: Mar 2019
- Competency: Professional Values>Practice expertise; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health insurance; Public Policy
Session 098: Where are we Headed: Disruptions for the Health ActuarySession 098: Where are we Headed: Disruptions for the Health Actuary A panel of practicing actuaries ... the healthcare insurance space, and more. Health Care Reform; Health insurance, Health policy. 7/26/2019 ...
Description: A panel of practicing actuaries and policy analysts will discuss the 'big issues' that could affect the actuarial profession in the future, and suggest ideas on how the actuarial profession could adapt to these challenges. This will be an interactive session where attendees can expect to have an opportunity to weigh in through polling questions and discussion. Topics touched will include: socialized medicine, artificial intelligence, the competition from data scientists, data commoditization, disruption from new entrants into the healthcare insurance space, and more.Hide
- Authors: Puneet Budhiraja, Dylan Ascolese, Michael Cohen, Michael Niemerg
- Date: Jul 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health care; Public Policy