Life Insurance Companies Investing in High-Yield Bondsdiminished due to a number of factors, such as direct regulatory limitation on the quantity of lower ... valuation criteria promulgated by the NAIC, as well as direct limitations by the NAIC on the percentage of assets ...
Description: A paper on investment results of life insurance companies investing in high-yield, lower quality bonds, September, 1999.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Paulette Johnson
- Date: Sep 1999
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments
Analysis of Junk Bond Investment Resultscompany and has consulted for several continuing care retirement communi- ties (CCRCs.) She has researched ... was Johns-Manville, which used the courts to take care of a potential litigation problem with asbestos ...
Description: 1994 SOA Spring Meeting, Orlando. The first report on a study of bond investment results of life insurance companies with high-yield bond portfolios was presented at this session. The study, covering years 1986-92, was commissioned by the Society of Actuaries Ufe Insurance Practice Research Committee.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Robert J Johansen, John C Winter, Paulette Johnson, Jerome S Fons
- Date: Apr 1994
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments>Investments