Organizational effectiveness health checknumber of direct reports a manager has. Across a function, it refers to the average number of direct reports ... generally inversely related: More layers mean fewer direct reports for each manager. There may not be an ...
Description: We will demonstrate three analytical tools along with a sample case study showing how they might be applied to a fictional actuarial organization within ABC Life. The goal is to highlight how they might be applied to perform a health check of an actuarial function organizational design. This can measure effectiveness quantitatively via benchmarking how an actuarial function might stack up against the industry and management expectations. The tools and techniques are critical for actuarial leaders and managers but are also relevant to all actuaries, since we can all benefit from understanding how our individual work efforts fit into the bigger picture of an organization.Hide
- Authors: Rahat Jain , Mark Spong
- Date: Nov 2020
- Competency: Communication; Leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: The Stepping Stone
- Topics: Actuarial Profession
Economic Scenario Generators, Part I: Motivation for Stochastic ModelingEconomic Scenario Generators, Part I: Motivation for Stochastic Modeling This article is the ... Increasing the number of scenarios leads to a direct increase in modeling workloads (i.e., two scenarios ...
Description: This article is the first installment of a three-part series that aims to provide an overview of ESGs and will focus on the general motivation for stochastic modeling, its advantages and its limitations. Future articles will further break down the key factors of ESGs and the application of these factors to better understand the Academy Interest Rate Generator (AIRG).Hide
- Authors: Dean Kerr, Matthew Zhang, Rahat Jain
- Date: Nov 2019
- Competency: Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: The Modeling Platform
- Topics: Modeling & Statistical Methods; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Scenario generation; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Stochastic models